Cheers and Jeers

I took my last BCP yesterday. YAY!

I’m bloated to all be damned. BOO!

Lupron is easy; I can give myself those teensy shots. YAY!

The Lupron is causing headaches from Hades. BOO!

On Friday I will have blood work, my baseline lining check, and start Vivelle. YAY!

I will be on my period when I get assaulted with the picture probe. BOO! (In my best ’80’s valley girl impression: I mean like, TOTALLY gross me out!)

Mia will be back in just 11 days! YAY!

I only have 11 days to get my house back to some semblance of company-ready order again. BOO!

The rest of my meds arrived today. YAY!

I felt my butt cheeks clench up when I looked at those giganto progesterone needles. BOO!

I flip between not wanting to eat anything at all…YAY (???)

…to wanting to eat everything in sight. BOO!
(Is it bad that I just ate a whole sleeve of Girl Scout cookies? They were Thin Mints. That totally should count for something.)

1. Elizabeth on February 26, 2008 at 8:58 am

Lupron always caused me headaches as well…those nasty dull throbbing ones. It wasn’t quite a full headache but enough of a headache to be noticeable.

2. Maranda aka Mama2BandT on February 26, 2008 at 9:18 am

ewww Thin Mints gross! Yes this is the ultimate family battle my wife and I have at home…(chanting)Baby Moas rock,Baby Moas rock!
    Yuck PIO? I guess I should whine about my progesterone vag suppositories but they cause icky white stuff to oooze…very sexy!
    But btw yesterday and today I’m up to 5 pos home pg tests so I guess I’ll survive…hehe my IP’s are worth it!

3. Maranda aka Mama2BandT on February 26, 2008 at 9:19 am

oops meant to type should NOT whine about…

4. Shayna on February 26, 2008 at 9:34 am

Oh I definitely think that counts for something, I mean, ~thin~ mints….right, right? Oh heck, who am I kidding…at least they were good though right? hehe

5. Amy Y on February 26, 2008 at 10:49 am

Ah, Lupron. I became a cranky mama on Lupron! And the progesterone isn’t too bad, except when you are on bed rest and can’t work the medicine into your muscle. Eventually the lumpy butt starts to feel normal 🙂

6. christy on February 26, 2008 at 10:57 am

I feel ya about the PIO- I have been doing it for 2 weeks and AM SO OVER IT. Just keep reminding your self it is for a good cause!
    Good luck with your upcoming cycle!!

7. Megan on February 26, 2008 at 12:27 pm

I love all of the GS cookies (except the lemon ones; I have no use for those). In my part of the country, Baby Moas are called Carmel DeLITEs. Merriam-Webster’s Medical Dictionary defines “lite” as “made with a lower calorie content or with less of some ingredient (as salt, fat, or alcohol) than usual,” so if you get tired of your THIN Mints, I recommend those as a healthy alternative!
    P.S.- I have been known to go through a tube of Thin Mints in one sitting, too.

8. Megan on February 26, 2008 at 12:27 pm

P.S.- I have been known to go through a tube of Thin Mints in one sitting, too.

9. Moxie on February 26, 2008 at 12:53 pm

Megan, I pass on the lemon cookies, too, but Frank loves them. I do remember that for a couple of years, the Baby Moas were called Caramel DeLITEs here, too. Hmm…I never quite thought about it that way! Tonight maybe I’ll have THOSE instead of the OTHER sleeve of Thin Mints, lol!
    My daughter is selling cookies and somehow I got suckered into being the cookie mom, so I am quite literally surrounded in boxes of GS cookies.

10. Moxie on February 26, 2008 at 12:58 pm

Christy,
    despite the cramp factor involved, I really do hope that I’ll get to take those blasted shots for longer than cycling and the 2ww!

11. Moxie on February 26, 2008 at 1:01 pm

Amy, I hope that you won’t have to spend more than this one week on bed rest! I can’t wait to see what your next u/s shows! Hang in there!

12. Moxie on February 26, 2008 at 1:07 pm

Maranda, I’m glad to hear that you’re getting more positives! YOU ARE SO LUCKY that you sneak an early beta! My OB’s nurses are just excited about my surrogacies as I am, so they let me sneak in last time at 5dp5dt. I wanted to get a positive beta before I told my IPs w/my first journey.
    I have to take PIO AND vag. supps. Fun, fun, fun. At least the supps seem a lot smaller and not as messy as the huge, waxy, magnum-sized bullets I had to use for my twins’ pregnancy.

13. Moxie on February 26, 2008 at 2:19 pm

Shayna – heck yeah, they were good! But for the next 2 hours every time I burped, I tasted mint. Grody.