Tragedy

My laptop died. Let us all bow our heads for a moment of silence before I tell about my transfer.

…….

Amen.

It’s a quarter to one a.m. and my brillance and wit have already fallen asleep. There is a longer, more charming account of yesterday’s events somewhere in this exhaustion-riddled brain, and I promise that will come later. But for now, here’s the Cliffs Notes version:

2 transferred: both great quality and one already starting to compact.
2 remaining: one with some fragmentation and the other with a few asymmetric cells, but both still considered good enough to try to culture to blast for freezing.
2 very happy and hopeful IPs
2 happier butt cheeks – my protocol has changed from 1cc PIO at morning and night to just 1cc PIO in the morning and a Provera suppository at night
1 immensely relieved and thankful Moxie (for having good embryos to transfer; the PIO is just icing on the cake)

All prayers and positive thoughts are welcome for the two travellers and for my laptop. Pray also for my sanity. For the moment, I feel fairly calm and reserved, but I expect that will go up in smoke when I enter the phase where I could reasonably expect a positive.

1. Maranda aka Mama2BandT on March 27, 2008 at 8:45 am

Congrats…let us know if the last 2 embies make it to freezing…my laptop is weeping tears for your laptop its always sad for them to see a brethren go down…

2. Megan on March 27, 2008 at 9:39 am

I’ll be waiting anxiously with you. (I’m already overflowing with anxiety, so I have plenty to spare.) Your travelers have a great vehicle, so I have high hopes for them. When will you test?

3. luna on March 27, 2008 at 10:26 am

amen to all! waiting right here with you. ~luna

4. Amy Y on March 27, 2008 at 10:44 am

I am so sorry for your loss re: your laptop.
    And I’m sending sticky vibes your way!! Hooray for the good news! 🙂

5. Kari on March 27, 2008 at 11:58 am

I was wondering what the heck happened to ya, LOL
    Praying for your sanity, and waiting anxiously for you to start peeing!!!

6. Jen on March 27, 2008 at 3:22 pm

Good luck! I will be thinking about you during the wait.

7. Shayna on March 27, 2008 at 9:20 pm

Prayers for everything! Fingers crossed tightly!!!

8. Ann on March 27, 2008 at 11:43 pm

Lots of prayers, good thoughts to all of you. I’ll be thinking about you and following closely. (And happy computer vibes from my laptop to yours.)

9. My Reality on March 28, 2008 at 11:38 pm

My deepest sympathies for the loss of your laptop. I killed my laptop last summer. I outright murdered the poor thing by drowning it. I feel your pain!
    I am wishing you lots of luck with the two embryos on board!