What next? Whether or not I will even continue to be Mia and Urs’ surrogate is even in question now, as it should be. The main options to be discussed with Dr. Sleepy tomorrow:
- tweaking the protocol and trying again with Mia’s eggs (not likely, but this option must be explored fully before letting it go, of course)
- proceding with ED, but with Mia carrying her own pregnancy (question for Sleepy – Would using donor eggs circumvent the problem of miscarriages caused by immunological incompatibility?)
Of course there is the whole line of things to consider when proceeding with ED to figure out, also. Lisa and Mia talked this evening and while I’ve yet to talk to Mia about it, Lisa said that the conversation went well and she gave Mia and Urs additional things to ponder as well as a list of some other helpful questions to ask tomorrow.
Waiting is the only thing I am sure I will be doing any time soon.