???

What next? Whether or not I will even continue to be Mia and Urs’ surrogate is even in question now, as it should be. The main options to be discussed with Dr. Sleepy tomorrow:

• tweaking the protocol and trying again with Mia’s eggs (not likely, but this option must be explored fully before letting it go, of course)
  • proceding with ED, but with Mia carrying her own pregnancy (question for Sleepy – Would using donor eggs circumvent the problem of miscarriages caused by immunological incompatibility?)

Of course there is the whole line of things to consider when proceeding with ED to figure out, also. Lisa and Mia talked this evening and while I’ve yet to talk to Mia about it, Lisa said that the conversation went well and she gave Mia and Urs additional things to ponder as well as a list of some other helpful questions to ask tomorrow.

Waiting is the only thing I am sure I will be doing any time soon.

1. k77 on April 7, 2008 at 1:09 am

It just sucks when things don’t go according to plan.

2. Elizabeth on April 7, 2008 at 8:34 am

I’m so sorry about the beta and how uncertain you are about what’s happening next.

3. stephanie on April 7, 2008 at 5:30 pm

That has to be so frustrating. I hope you guys get some answers soon. You are so patient and understanding with the situation. I’m very impressed, I’d be going crazy!

4. Bec on April 7, 2008 at 6:58 pm

Just thinking of you all and wondering how things went today. I love you.

5. Kami on April 9, 2008 at 7:54 pm

I’m coming over from Connections abound. I’m sorry for you and the potential parents for the BFN.
    A little assvice from a stranger . . . After multiple miscarriages I spoke to my RE (and did my own research) about immunological disorders and although many people test for these there is little, if any, evidence treatment actually works – and they may not be issues at all. I opted not to get tested
    My favorite line from my RE: “If we had a lot of uterine issues, we wouldn’t have an 80% live birth rate with donor eggs.
    We moved to DE after 4 failed fresh cycles. We are now 30 weeks along. I am having a hard time with losing my genetic connections, but it is wonderful to be pregnant with a baby that is expected to live.
    I know nothing about your potential parents, so it could be something entirely different than what I am thinking, but it could be an egg issue.
    I hope there is a happy solution for all soon.

6. xrumer blast on July 21, 2011 at 3:57 pm