…My Becky, because for all the things I strive to be, she already is.
…niobe, whose richness is found in all the things she doesn’t say, carefully ensconced between the lines of what she does say. With you I wait, watch, and hope.
…Meg, who is reaching for the stars and twinkles with a light she thinks she doesn’t have.
…Scarred Bellybutton, who uses the F-bomb and its derivitives in ways which make me laugh, like when she called a duck on attack a fucker and stuck-on-stupid medical personnel a fuckstick. She also knows what I do about what a particularly fuckish disease does to the one you love.
…Carrie, who seems to be walking my path step for step. Number four in four, my friend.
…Mel, who gave me a place of comfort, a sense of belonging after feeling for years that I was the only one who felt like I did.
…luna, who tried everything and still sees the world for all its beauty. She is the one who inspired my creation of the awards when in her comment to the post Strollers and Pink Roses, she asked me to plant a pink rose for her.
How to pass it on:
1. On your blog, copy and paste the award, these rules, a link back to the person who selected you, and a link to this post: http://thesmartness.com/smartone/2008/05/pink-is-my-favo.html. You will find the story behind the Pink Rose Award and other graphics to choose from there.
2. Select as many award recipients as you would like, link to their blogs (if they have one), and explain why you have chosen them.
3. Let them know that you have selected them for an award by commenting on one of their posts.
4. If you are selected, pass it on by giving the Pink Rose Award to others.
5. If you find that someone you want to nominate has already been selected by someone else, you can still honor them by posting a comment on their award post stating your reasons for wishing to grant them the award.
6. You do not have to wait until someone nominates you to nominate someone else.