triskaidekaphobia: noun. [from Gk. treiskaideka "thirteen" + -phobia "fear."] abnormal fear of the number 13
- Some buildings skip the 13th floor and some cities skip the 13th street.
- Judas was the 13th guest at the Last Supper.
- From the above, the superstition that holding a dinner party with 13 guests is very unlucky, for fear that one of the 13 will die within the next year.
- The 13th card in a Tarot deck is Death, which foretells not literal death, but a transition or transformation of sorts. Still, you won't catch me having a reading anytime soon.
- The lotteries in Italy, France, and other countries do not sell tickets that include the number 13.
- Several psycho serial killers have 13 letters in their names. Theodore Bundy. Jeffery Dahmer. Charles Manson. Jack the Ripper. Saddam Hussein. 13 bucks says you're sitting there right now with your finger on the screen counting the letters. You are, aren't you?
- Friday the 13th. Some studies have shown a higher incidence of car accidents on this date.
- Friday the 13th the movie (the first one, not the sequels). Scared the screaming bejeezus out of me and many others. Speaking of Friday the 13th…
- Jason Voorhies. Count 'em.
I've never been triskaidekaphobic; 13 has never moved me one way or the other. Until today. I love the number 13. There's not an antonym for triskaidekaphobia, but if there was, it would likely be triskaidekaphilia.
We have 13 embryos.
Updated to add: I'll get a phone call early Saturday morning from the clinic instructing me to either get on the road for a 3-day transfer on that day or to sit tight and wait until Monday for a 5-day transfer. We're hoping that we'll be able to push for day-5 blasts. So, either Saturday or Monday it is!