Rocket and Masterblaster have boarded the mothership

Forgive the lack of eloquence. I'm operating under the influence of three hours of sleep and Valium-induced stupidity.

Frank and I left here promptly at 4am and arrived at Mia's rental apartment at 6:30. We had enough time to go to Atlanta Bread Co. for a leisurely breakfast, where I started loading up the bladder. By the time we got to the clinic at 8:00, my eyeballs were floating.

As with the last transfer, Dr. Sleepy was not there and his partner, who I'll call Dr. General, did our transfer today. He called us back to the conference room to discuss what we had left to work with. This was the moment that both Mia and I were the most anxious over. If you recall, we had ten 8-celled embryos on day three. Equal to Dr. Sleepy in warmth and caring, Dr. General began by explaining how shocked he and Dr. Sleepy have been at how well Mia stimmed and the excellent condition of the resulting embryos. Blasts2 He opened Mia's file and before us was a picture of EIGHT beautiful blastocysts! A few were a bit larger than the others, but even the smaller ones were in great shape. Mia cheered – I mean she literally punched the air with a big cheerleader-style V for victory and squealed a loud "YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!" the gave me a huge hug as tears of joy began to well in her eyes.

Dr. General pointed out the two largest blasts and explained that because they had already expanded and were close to hatching, those were the two that would be transferred. He went on to explain that the next largest four would be frozen today, and again Mia cheered. The other two, as well as two embryos not shown in the picture that hadn't quite yet made it to blast, would be allowed to grow for another day and if any remained from those, then they would be frozen as well. So, two perfect, beautifully expanded blasts were transferred to me and 4 were frozen. In the picture above, the two on the bottom were the ones transferred: Rocket is on the left and Masterblaster is on the right.

As we waited out my 30 minutes of bedrest, Mia practically ping-ponged off the walls, hopping and twirling around with glee. Her cheeks began to hurt from smiling so much. She called Urs, who has been back in Europe since the beginning of the month. He was soooo relieved and excited to hear that everything had gone so well.

We could not have asked for a better transfer. God has really blessed us to come this far and I pray that the blessings will continue with a healthy pregnancy. In the meantime, I just need to focus on crossing the next hurdle, which for me is a positive pregnancy test. I have some tests left over from the last time, but I don't feel the burning desire to dip sticks with reckless abandon (at least not yet). I got the first indications of shadow lines at 3dp5dt with Baby M, so I think I might hold out until at least that point. Maybe. I might start driving myself crazy and like a junkie who needs a fix, I might find myself foaming at the mouth while sitting on the toilet tearing a test open with my teeth.

Thanks to all of you who've dropped in to offer support and words of encouragement over the past few days! Now if you all can keep me from climbing the walls, I'd greatly appreciate it. Beta is June 4.

Dr. General Stay put, babies! Mia Moxie hug
Dr. General & a nurse                      Mia: Stay put, my babies!           I think we hugged a hundred times.

1. Carrie27 on May 26, 2008 at 4:00 pm

I’m so excited for you guys…everything is falling into place so nicely. Positive vibes all the way.
    Oh, and thanks for not forgetting about me this time.

2. Io on May 26, 2008 at 5:23 pm

How exciting! I hope those kiddos bury in for the long haul!

3. Bec on May 26, 2008 at 5:50 pm

Great pix! I’m so excited that Mia got an amazing send off today and that she could leave on such a high note! I feel so good and happy about this cycle. I hope those babies get nice and cozie! Love you!

4. Erin on May 26, 2008 at 5:58 pm

love, love, love it! So much happiness. I’ll be thinking about you…all of you!

5. stephanie on May 26, 2008 at 6:22 pm

I am so happy for you both, I love seeing such good news on an IF blog (it gives me hope)! I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed.
    Try not to go insane during the wait, although I can’t even begin to imagine how you wouldn’t! I know, not helpful. Ha ha.

6. JJ on May 26, 2008 at 7:25 pm

Big thumbs up!! Sending lots of STICKY vibes!

7. Mya on May 26, 2008 at 7:46 pm

Sounds like everything went wonderfully. I’ll be praying that that this is your cycle.

8. # 1 Stalker on May 26, 2008 at 8:24 pm

I think this is the time you will be getting that BFP!! Glad you shared pics of your couple (IP’s) too! She’s glowing with excitment!

9. # 1 Stalker on May 26, 2008 at 8:25 pm

I think this is the time you will be getting that BFP!! Glad you shared pics of your couple (IP’s) too! Your IM is glowing with excitement!

10. Mama2BandT on May 26, 2008 at 8:39 pm

Good luck! Your beta day is the day of our big u/s to find out the gender of the twins! Oh and the next day is the Jimmy Buffet concert we’re going to heehehe! 🙂

11. Poppy on May 26, 2008 at 9:25 pm

fantastic news, sounds like a moving experience!

12. Echloe on May 26, 2008 at 11:05 pm

Good luck! I hope you have a couple of sticky babies.
    **found your blog via NaComLeavMo**

13. Paige on May 26, 2008 at 11:08 pm

Wow what great embies you guys had! Praying they grow and stick!

14. Paige on May 26, 2008 at 11:08 pm

Wow what great embies you guys had! Praying they grow and stick!

15. Lori on May 26, 2008 at 11:35 pm

Hope this is just the start of a series of green lights for you all.

16. Momma Mary on May 27, 2008 at 1:04 am

BFP, Sticky Dust and prayers for you!!
    Thanks for the comment on my blog as well!

17. k77 on May 27, 2008 at 6:11 am

Mmmmmm Valium. How wonderful that there were 8 to choose from. I think you are so awesome for going through this process for your IPs.
    Weird that you have to wear a gown and all that getup for transfer – I just stripped from the waist down, and got into the special stirrupy chair thingy with a sheet over me and DP beside me.

18. Moxie on May 27, 2008 at 7:43 am

k77, I only had to strip from the waist down, but I had to cover up with a first with a paper gown (butt out) then put on the robe to sheild said butt from public viewing. My transfer with my first clinic was more like yours. With my transfer that resulted in Baby M with the second clinic, I had to take EVERYTHING off and cover only with the flimsy paper gown. My IPs and Frank weren’t even allowed back for that one.

19. Elizabeth on May 27, 2008 at 8:26 am

Awesome, awesome, awesome news! I’m so glad the cycle has gone so well and that you were able to have a 5-day transfer with great blasts. Fingers crossed for June 4!

20. sara on May 27, 2008 at 8:44 am

What wonderful news! Those are some tough cookies, those two embryos I have a feeling. It’s so funny, since my own transfer whenever I look at a picture of an embryo like the ones you posted I cry! Then after I start crying, I actually feel my heart start to smile. Well Moxie – today you and Mia made my heart smile! Just wanted to let you know. And know I’ll be thinking of you both like crazy over the next few days and sending some prayers up to “The Big Guy” for a great outcome 🙂

21. Moxie on May 27, 2008 at 8:54 am

Thanks so much, everyone, for all of the positive thinking, hopes, thoughts, and prayers! I have a good feeling about things too, even though that scares the crap out of me!

22. Barb on May 27, 2008 at 5:39 pm

Oh my goodness, so much luck to you!!!
    Your newest post speaks to that “shield” stuff we were discussing. I completely understand.

23. Kathy on May 28, 2008 at 9:16 am

Sending lots of sticky vibes to you and Mia! 🙂 I am sure June 4 seems like a long ways off right now, but it will be here before you know it. I am glad the ET went so well.
    I just recently discovered your blog. Thank you so much for the comments you have left for me on my blog. (((HUGS))) You are such a great writer and a very smart one from what I can tell! 😉 I am very inspired by you in so many ways, from your pink rose awards, to you becoming a surrogate after struggling with IF yourself. How amazing! Anyway, I am delurking to comment here for the first time and want to thank you for all you share so openly here on your blog and for being such a positive influence in our IF blogging community!
    Take care,
    Kathy

24. susan on May 30, 2008 at 11:54 pm

Yay, TEAM!
    I can’t believe I haven’t read any blogs this week. I’ve missed so much! I’m so excited for y’all and I can’t wait for June 4th.
    Again … Yay, TEAM!