Not yo' mama's banana pudding

Moxie, typing for Frank: Hello, ladies!

Frank interjects and says: I said type ladies and gentlemen. Gotta be respectful of the gentlemen. They could be out there reading. They might be saying, “OOOH! I can’t wait for Frank’s Friday Fixin’s.

Moxie: *sighs*

Moxie, typing for Frank: Hello ladies and gentlemen! I snagged this recipe from our very own Southern belle Mrs. Paula Deen. It is definitely not yo’ mama’s banana pudding. It’s a refreshing summertime treat that’s easy to prepare and is so good it will make you want to slap somebody. Like yo’ mama.

Not Yo’ Mama’s Banana Pudding
2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies

6 to 8 bananas, sliced

2 cups milk

1 (5-ounce) box instant French vanilla pudding

1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened

1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream

Line the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.

In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a
handheld electric mixer. Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese
and condensed milk together and mix until smooth. Fold the whipped
topping into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to
the pudding mixture and stir until well blended. Pour the mixture over
the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Pudding

Edited to add: Bleu and Frank must have been operating on the same wavelength. After placing her just-made batch of Not Yo’ Mama’s Banana Pudding in the fridge, she came to my blog and found that I’d just posted the recipe for Frank. She was going to post the recipe on her blog, but we beat her to it. She decided to post the recipe also, but she added in the variations that she makes to the recipe. Click on over to get her take on Paula Deen’s yummy dessert. Frank is going to try her version tomorrow.

1. bleu on July 11, 2008 at 6:06 pm

I posted this recipe on Forever Reaching the other day and I just this minute sat down after making this myself. I SWEAR I was going to post this recipe on my blog today so weird, I may still.
    I use fewer bananas and only whipped whipping cream not even sweetened.
    Oh so good, we don’t even have banana cream pie anymore.

2. Erin on July 11, 2008 at 6:19 pm

Oh so Southern!
    Ok, so how do the cookies compare to the traditional vanilla wafers? I may have a hard time giving up the wafers!

3. Io on July 11, 2008 at 6:22 pm

[Io slobbers all over herself]
    Al’s celebrity crush is Ashley Judd. He’s allowed to leave me for her. My crush? Either one of Paula Deen’s sons so I can have her as a MIL.

4. Moxie on July 11, 2008 at 6:31 pm

Erin, I’m a traditionalist, so I was hesitant to let go of the vanilla wafers, too. The chessmen are SO GOOD in this recipe! Try it once and if you hate it, you can always go back to the Nillas. 🙂

5. SAHW on July 11, 2008 at 6:49 pm

Mmmm…wishing I could whip up something like that right now…then again, maybe it’s better that I can’t. It sounds like that filling could be tasty in other things too – like fake “cream” puffs (for purists, I know that isn’t how to make cream puffs! but for a quickie treat).

6. Jen on July 11, 2008 at 11:18 pm

Totally. Making. This.

7. A Soldier's Girl on July 12, 2008 at 2:30 pm

Mmmmmm….this looks pretty darn good!
    I might just have to suck up the 5 pounds that I will gain after I eat the entire thing!

8. Carrie on July 12, 2008 at 3:04 pm

Love me some Paula, but not a huge fan of banana flavored food.

9. Air Jordan Shoes on May 5, 2011 at 4:09 am

If you love a girl, it’s better to fight for her happiness than to abandon her for the sake of her happiness.

10. cheap jordan retro on May 8, 2011 at 9:48 pm

Envy is part of human nature– nothing good or bad about the envy.