It’s like nesting, but not. Starting a new school year always strikes up an urge to Get Things Done so there is a home tabula rasa before life moves from slow and lazy back to HURRY UP AND WIPE THE TOOTHPASTE OFF YOUR CHIN BEFORE YOU MISS THE BUS!!! Whether in the classroom or at home, I’ve been working my royal arse off and I’ve made decent progress. Yesterday Frank and I got finished with the part of our To Do list that we hoped to, so today will be spent crossing out the other items in a mad flurry of laundry baskets, closets, and wiping down or mopping nearly every surface in this house. One of life’s greatest simple pleasures is sniffing cleaning products. Mr. Clean with Febreeze is the shiznit. Because I get to spray disinfectant like Dirty Harry shoots guns, I’d rather clean a bathroom than do a load of laundry. I’m weird like that.
Two days of not posting anything of substance has my brain reaching critical mass. There are things to be said about:
- the observations I’ve read from the BlogHer attendees and the wide chasm between the two ends of the fertility spectrum
- how I feel like I’m standing on the bridge between those two sides
- my sister/TJ
- my other sister
- el Cinco and the internal conflict I feel writing about them more – start a second blog or no? I’m leaning towards no
- Former IM, my last IM/the mother of Baby M, is having a biopsy this week for a vascular mass that was found in one of her breasts – pray if you’re the praying type, or cut a chicken’s head off and burn it over a scarlet candle at midnight if that’s your thing. Either way, some good thoughts in that direction would be appreciated
- Quick update in the surrogacy department – Mia will have her sonohysterogram sometime later this week. Hopefully by this time the week after, I’ll know if I’m headed for a FET or fining new IPs.
Alas, there is no time yet to computerize those thoughts.
Today is the first day of IComLeavWe, so “howdy” if you’re stopping in from there. There should be something more illustrous posted for the first day of IComLeavWe, but since there isn’t, start on the right with “My Life in Two Posts” if you’ve never been here or if you’ve been here, but have no clue who el Cinco or who Mia are.
I’m off to Get Things Done.