I'm a Sick One

Last night, just around the time that Nikki (or another splinter of her personality) turned the reporter into ice and shattered him*, I noticed that my throat was feeling a little scratchy. By the time I got up this morning, I felt like dog poo. By lunchtime I felt like stir-fried dog poo. So tomorrow, I'm taking a sick day. I almost never take a sick day, but this time, I really feel like I could use the rest.

And the tea. And the chicken noodle soup. And the Nyquil. And the massages. And the Little Bit, can I get you anythings? from Frank.

I admit it. I'm a complete whiner when I'm sick. Well, I would be a whiner if Frank didn't magically appear with what I need before I even realize I need it. Okay, maybe I do still whine. Just a little. If my mom was here, I'd most certainly whine for her to "moosh-moosh" my head. I likes me a good head massage when I have the cooties.

When you're sick, what helps cure what ails you? A little extra love from your significant other? A hug from Mom? The traditional chicken noodle soup and OJ elixir? Watching old movies while curled in your favorite blanket on the couch? I feel so crappy that I might just try everything tomorrow.

*Frank and I were totally expecting Nikki to flip into psycho mode and rip the guy's head off, so we were quite shocked when she iced him. Can you imagine the utter ick when those little frozen bits melt? Grody. And Suresh – did he not make you think of Jeff Goldblum as the genetically-altered Seth Brundle in The Fly? The way he put the moves on Maya skeeved me out a bit. Did anyone else notice how good Maya's English is all of the sudden? I think I liked her better as the innocent, helpless hermana. Heroes, anyone? Let's talk about it.

1. Heather on September 23, 2008 at 7:23 pm

Ha! I thought the same thing about the iced guys and Suresh going Fly Guy. I’m sad to say I didn’t follow last season as I should have. My move screwed with my Tivo’ing mojo. I simply forgot to reset it to record.
    I did finally watch True Blood that aired Sunday night. They are veering away from reciting the book and I am a little excited about it. The first 2 shows seemed to be word for word reenactments (aside from Tara being more featured, which I LOVE!) and it’s nice to be left guessing a little. Jeeze, how can anyone resit Baby M? He’s a little HOTTIE. Jason’s a stick thin whore and since you can’t hear Bill’s thoughts like in the book he comes off a little more than creepy. Like that “uncle” no one talks about.
    Your Heroes post has officially been hijacked! BWAHAHAHAHA!

2. Heather on September 23, 2008 at 7:26 pm

Oh I suck.
    GET BETTER SOON!!!!!!!!!
    Kids are germ magnets and they bring it all home for Mommy. Show and tell! I give a mean head and foot massage, I’m just saying, in case everyone’s busy. My ex-hubby used to make me give HIM massages while I was pregnant. Now you know a little of why he’s an ex.
    HEALING VIBES!

3. Nikki on September 23, 2008 at 7:49 pm

I don’t watch Heroes, and I read your first line and went “Me???” I didn’t meet no reporter!! LOL
    I hope you feel better soon. Get all the loving you can from Frank and let him spoil you! Get well soon!

4. tash on September 23, 2008 at 7:58 pm

sleep and a fashion magazine. Feel better soon.

5. Io on September 23, 2008 at 8:39 pm

Aw. Poor Moxie, I hope you feel better soon.
    I am a fan of classic chicken noodle soup when I am sick. And sleep, lots of sleep.

6. Ann on September 23, 2008 at 9:54 pm

Oh, I am a total whiner when I’m sick. Often I crave citrus, so I’m all about eating oranges and making fruit smoothies.
    Yay Heroes! Especially the “Hiro and Ando show”. I was expecting a Nikki butt kicking, too. But then my husband is saying that maybe it’s her twin sister that was vaguely hinted at. It seems strange that her different personalities would have such wildly differing powers. What do you think is going to happen to Suresh? I have to admit, his muscles were making me kind of happy.

7. Moxie on September 23, 2008 at 9:58 pm

Nikki, that’s so funny!
    Oooh, Heather! Bad ex! Blech. But if you’re still doling out the massages, I’m first in line!
    Ann, VERY interesting theory about the “new Nikki” possibly being her twin! I had completely forgotten about that!

8. Intending To Be Parents on September 23, 2008 at 10:12 pm

Hope you are feeling better soon! I got sick 10 days ago and on Sunday I broke down and went to Bed Bath & Beyond and got a Neti pot per my mother’s instruction. I know it looks gross, but if you have sinus issues as part of your illness I swear it has helped me a ton! It really does seem to work! Desparate times call for desparate measures!
    The hubby and I only had time to watch Heroes tonight (thank you DVR). Looks like it’s going to be a crazy season!

9. Mommy Lady on September 24, 2008 at 12:03 am

I will moosh moosh if you still need it Friday!
    Mom

10. Sharon LaMothe on September 24, 2008 at 1:15 am

Happy NCLW! I thought I would just pop in and say HELLO from Seattle! Sorry to read that you are feeling like doggy poo!! Hope its only a 24 hour thing! Hang in there!!
    Sharon LaMothe
    Infertility Answers, Inc.

11. stacie on September 24, 2008 at 1:15 am

Oh, feel better soon. I know you have to be sick to stay home–sub plans are the pits to write!
    Here from ICLW.

12. Silver on September 24, 2008 at 1:15 am

Hope you feel better soon, whining seems to be the only thing that makes me feel better.
    What Ice…. I missed that, that’s what I get for blogging when watching TV!

13. luna on September 24, 2008 at 1:36 am

hope you feel better soon!

14. Danielle on September 24, 2008 at 11:33 am

I hope you feel better SOON! Oh Heroes, how I love thee!!!! Yes he was SO creepy when he was picking off his skin…eeewww. But the kiss was VERY steamy. *fans face* I do like her as the more innocent girl, as well. Amazing what a few months taking English courses will do for her speaking abilities, eh?
    Enjoy your day!
    -D *ICLW*

15. Calliope on September 24, 2008 at 1:13 pm

hope you are feeling better soon. I don’t like it when you are icky!
    I was totally into this episode. And the reporter- DUDE! That was the actor that placed ‘The Greatest American Hero’!!! Totally geeked me out. I want more details about Nathan and his ability to talk to ghosts now- or is it just Lindeman. And is he a ghost or is he in his head???

16. Aunt Becky on September 24, 2008 at 4:47 pm

Feel better soon, my friend. I’ve got The Cold, too and it’s the pits!

17. Wishing4One on September 24, 2008 at 11:47 pm

Ah man I FINALLY get to you and you’re sick. I so hope you get better soon.
    You know The Fly has haunted me for a long time….I once dreamt, MANY years ago after watching The Fly that I was looking the mirror and pulling my teeth out like he was…i know freaky.
    I missed you so…xoxoxoxo

18. Kristin on September 25, 2008 at 2:56 pm

I love Heroes.
    I do NOT like Future Peter very much at all. I’m glad they saved Nathan. I had forgotten about Niki’s lost twin…I guess Tracy could be here.
    Very weird episode but good.