Divergence

I slept most of yesterday and was feeling half human by dinnertime. I'm still feeling a little woozy and I'm doped up on Dayquil, but at least I can get around without feeling like I have crushed glass in my joints and like I'm suffering from both hypothermia and heat stroke simultaneously. I'm still a little fuzzy-brained, and my wits are too dull to make this post creatively interesting. I could add some excitement !!!! with some!!! randomly!! pla!ced!!!! exclamation!!! points!!! and CAPITALS!!!! BUT WHAT GOOD WOULD THAT DO!!!!?????!!!! Because now I'm shouting. And now I have a headache!!! Was that exciting? Not for me, either. Here's some stuff that is exciting:

Mia:
She is now more than likely going to work with her egg donor's clinic in California. She has an extended phone consultation with them tomorrow morning. It is highly likely that they will be able to transfer in December. Mia is completely at peace with this next step and feels "immense positivity," to quote her words.

Me, Chance, and Apollo:
Chance had a Skype webcam conference with Dr. Sleepy yesterday afternoon and also spoke with our nurse coordinator, Cari. It seems as though many, if not all of the initial steps prior to cycling can be taken care of in Chance and Apollo's hometown. This is great news, because C&A can avoid the time and expense of the full-day marathon consult that Mia, Urs, and I did at the beginning of February. At the beginning of next month, Chance will do a Clomid Challenge Test and will have the results sent to the clinic. She and Apollo will also be able to have the required psychological consult in their hometown.

All of my medical and psychological screening/testing is still current, so everything is taken care of on my end. AF came in for a crash landing this morning, so I'll start BCPs today. This is a huge relief because it will make getting in sync with Chance's cycle that much easier.

Though everything is falling into place with the clinic, we have hit a little bit of a snag with jumping right in and getting started. Chance and Apollo are also international, and we have to find insurance which will cover the baby's post-natal care here in the States. From the research we've done, this is possible, but tricky. The policies that we've found have a 10-12 month wait period before it will cover post-natal care of the baby. Our worst case scenario is timing transfer so that delivery at 28+ weeks occurs after the policy has been in effect for 10-12 months. It sounds like a terribly long time to wait, but it's actually not too bad. For example, for a policy purchased October 1, 2008, our first transfer could be April 1, 2009, which would mean starting in the beginning of March. We'd rather not have to wait 5 months to start cycling, but at least we do have that to fall back on if we can't come up with anything better.

I hope we can find an alternative so that we don't have to wait. Between the two of us, there's been more than enough waiting as it is.

1. tash on September 25, 2008 at 3:21 pm

Crap I hope you’re feeling better soon, that sounds awful.
    Peaceful wishes to Mia, sounds like she’s on the right path for her.
    And DAMN if this insurance thing isn’t a total effin’ hang-up form hell. I for one would like y’all to get started NOW. But I can be patient if you can.

2. Alicia on September 25, 2008 at 4:56 pm

I hope you are able to find a non waiting option as well! I can’t imagine having to wait 5 months, that would be hard. But if thats what has to be done, I know you can do it! ha ha.
    hope you feel better soon sick one!

3. Io on September 25, 2008 at 5:02 pm

Glad the crushed glass is out of your joints – I hope recovery speeds up and you are feeling like a supa’sta’ soon.
    Oh, I hope everything goes smoothly for Mia. And that some brilliant solution pops up for Chance and Apollo’s kid.

4. Martha on September 25, 2008 at 5:51 pm

Hi, I hope you feel better soon. Surrogacy is NOT for the Non-Detail oriented. Best Wishes to your family and your IPs. Visiting from ILCW.

5. Silver on September 26, 2008 at 12:05 am

Hope that everything goes through quickly. You are amazing for helping out your IP’s. I don’t even know you and I would like to give you a big hug!

6. Chance on September 26, 2008 at 8:40 am

We will figure it out. I know we can do it. I, too, am impatient to get started!

7. SCY on September 26, 2008 at 8:55 am

Sending good vibes to Mia and of course to you and Chance… I’m sure it will all work out for the best in the end *holding thumbs*

8. Danielle on September 26, 2008 at 11:09 am

I’m glad to read that your feeling a LITTLE better. Yes, broken glass in the joints doesn’t feel fab. *deep breath* I know insurance is a must have and they kind of have everyone by the balls, but why do things have to be so damn complicated?! “Yes, you have insurance and yes this and that will be covered, have a nice day” What can’t it be like THAT?! I know I’m a Polly Anna, but it would make things so much simpler! *end rant*
    Have a good weekend, and feel better SOON!
    -D*ICLW*

9. nancy on September 26, 2008 at 1:38 pm

Goodness. Hope you continue to feel better. And good luck on all that you all have to do. Wow. So much work. I give you all even ~more~ credit.

10. Carrie on September 26, 2008 at 2:17 pm

I’m hoping that everything finally works for Mia.
    I was hoping you all had found something with the insurance, what a headache! I know you all just want to get started, and hopefully you will be able to.

11. Cara on September 26, 2008 at 5:25 pm

This time of year seems to bring on all kids of illness…visiting from ILCW and hope you are feeling better soon!!

12. Antigone on September 26, 2008 at 7:24 pm

There’s got to be a better insurance solution. Maybe someone here will know. Chance shouldn’t have to wait any longer.

13. Andrea on September 27, 2008 at 10:02 am

that is something i never would have thought about (the ins.) — i hope you all find a way to work around it/better alternative!

14. Liddy on September 27, 2008 at 11:24 am

Insurance companies stink! Wishing you the best.
    Here from ICLW.

15. niobe on September 27, 2008 at 4:27 pm

Hoping you find a way around this. Because, as you say, there’s been far too much waiting already.

16. anymommy on September 29, 2008 at 11:16 pm

Far too much waiting. I hope there’s a way to do it quicker, but you’re right, it’s a solid option. April will be here faster than we think. Feel better soon!