Humor me

On Monday, Chance has her baseline follicle check and will start stims.
On Tuesday, I have my lining check. By then, I'll have been on Vivelle for two weeks so it should be nice and thick. Or plush. Or anything else which connotes "ready for transfer." Any descriptive term except "juicy" will work.

I bought a box of 30 medical-grade, highly sensitive pregnancy tests from a fellow surrogate. Whether or not I actually use them in the 2ww remains to be seen. This is the first time that I've ever felt lukewarm about testing early.

I'm thinking too much.

So, distract me with humor. Post links to your favorite YouTube videos or other such online nonsense. Let's all have a good laugh here at the start of 2009.

1. Nikki on January 3, 2009 at 12:04 pm

LMAO!!! I don’t understand this particular Indian language, but I know for a fact the subtitles aren’t correct! LOL – I laughed my head off on this one! The guy in the video was known for his crazy dancing – I never understood why he couldn’t get rid of all that facial hair and wear better clothes! Thankfully he’s disappeared!
    Here’s my contribution – I LOVED this one!

Good luck to Chance for her baseline check and good luck to you for your lining check! Let’s think plush, tri-phasic, thick thoughts! 🙂

2. Cindy on January 3, 2009 at 1:01 pm

Oh. My. I haven’t seen that one! That’s one of the funniest ones I’ve seen in awhile. I’ll have to think of a good one for you…

3. Calliope on January 3, 2009 at 6:25 pm

MONDAY!!! So, so effing exciting that things are rolling.
    I am stumped on a link, but I will distract you with praise- I was not so hot on commenting during holiday week but your posts on Kwanza were amazing. I had a moderate amount of knowledge about the holiday, but WOW your posts were really amazing and inclusive and well, they were great. So thank you.
    xo

4. Clare on January 3, 2009 at 9:12 pm

Thanks for your comments today.. glad to hear that things are movign forward. As for distraction, I love Who’s Line is it and found myself laughing pretty hard during this clip

5. Kate on January 3, 2009 at 10:08 pm

That is some spectacular dancing! I wonder what the puppy had a fee for?
    Here is Hugh Laurie doing it better than House ever could: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBwbJWF8_-Q

6. anymommy on January 3, 2009 at 10:09 pm

I’m terrible with YouTube. I just read this great joke at imommy’s place though. (Brace yourself, I love corny jokes.) Two muffins were sitting in an oven and the first muffin turns to the other muffin and says ‘whew, hot in here, huh?’ The second muffin says, “HOLY SHIT, A TALKING MUFFIN.” Oh man.

7. Kate on January 3, 2009 at 10:13 pm

I never knew cheerleaders made such good props!

8. tash on January 3, 2009 at 10:15 pm

This makes me giggle every time I see it:

9. Jen on January 3, 2009 at 11:30 pm

I know it! This pregnancy is just flying by! It has been wonderful!
    I’ll be praying for you and your IPs! And definitely stalking you! 😉

10. Danielle on January 3, 2009 at 11:37 pm

Praying and sending you lots and lots of good vibes!
    Hugs!!

11. Moxie on January 4, 2009 at 10:00 am

LOL! Kristin, you went WAY back for those! The Gong Show! Night at the Improv! Star Search! When I was a kid, I never missed an episode of Star Search. It was far enough back that I don’t remember Bobby Duck, but dayum, those clips were hilarious!

12. Moxie on January 4, 2009 at 10:00 am

Thanks, Danielle! We need all the prayers we can get!

13. Moxie on January 4, 2009 at 10:01 am

Tash, that one always cracks me up, too! I sent another Obama funny to you!

14. Moxie on January 4, 2009 at 10:02 am

Stacey, I also love corny jokes, and that one is a good one! I think we both have issues.

15. Moxie on January 4, 2009 at 10:06 am

“I’d chose to come back as one of Steffi’s shoes….” He was so serious, too! Thanks for the laugh, Kate!

16. Moxie on January 4, 2009 at 10:13 am

Clare, “Whose Line…” is another one of my favorites! I’ve never seen that clip before and I was laughing so hard that I practically cried! I never thought to look for Whose Line clips on YouTube. Now I know what to do the next time I need a good long-term distraction!

17. Moxie on January 4, 2009 at 10:14 am

Thanks, Cali! My commenting (and my posting) sucked big time through the holidays. I’m glad that you and others enjoyed the Kwanzaa series so much!

18. Moxie on January 4, 2009 at 10:15 am

Your blog is plenty humorous enough, but I’d love to see what you come up with!

19. Moxie on January 4, 2009 at 10:16 am

So his dancing was considered crazy even by mainstream Indian standards? That’s good to know, because many of those moves were downright quacky!

20. chicklet on January 4, 2009 at 1:14 pm

Okay, so I don’t have anything original but the husband’s and my latest conversation (posted at bloorb) is sure to make you giggle cuz you and Frank have similar interactions:-)
    Good luck Monday.

21. Nikki on January 4, 2009 at 2:02 pm

Oh yes – totally crazy. Let me see if I can find some of his other weird dance sequences – this one is sane by comparison! 😉

22. mrs spock on January 4, 2009 at 6:03 pm

Wow, that is some sexy dancing. Now I have to go bother my husband…

23. debbie on January 5, 2009 at 12:32 am

No offense to Frank at all, but this one’s pretty funny!

24. Kristin on January 7, 2009 at 7:03 am

His full Vegas show was raunchier and funnier but I don’t have that digitized.