So – tomorrow's transfer has been set for 11:30. There is still a chance that we might get pushed to Sunday for a 5-day transfer. They'll call at O'dark-thirty in the morning to tell us whether we should get on the road for the 2 hour trip or sit tight until Sunday. I'm pretty sure we'll transfer tomorrow. Wish us sparkly unicorn rainbow farts.
Tomorrow after transfer, the fantastic four that is Chance, Apollo, Frank, and me will eat cookies and ice cream and barbecue or some other delicious Southern fare and we're going to wash it all down with gallons of root beer. And there will be cake. A Frank creation. Oh, yeah.
It will be a while before I can get my twitchy fingers back to their home on the keyboard, so I'll have my buddy Carrie post an update here for me tomorrow afternoon.
For tonight's pre-transfer funny, I'm totally cheating here and re-posting an entry from March 25, 2008. Can you add to the list? Give us something else to giggle over as we stuff ourselves with cake and attempt not to obsess over what is going on in my uterus.
HOW TO SCREW WITH YOUR RE ON TRANSFER OR IUI DAY:
- Write "THIS WAY" on the inside of one thigh and "INSERT HERE" on the inside of the other and draw arrows pointing to you know where on both.
- For bonus points, you can stick Tap Lights to the insides of your thighs. Simply squeeze your legs together to turn them on, then shout, "LET THERE BE LIGHT!" Tell your RE that you were just trying to be helpful.
- For a fresh transfer or IUI, bring in a brown paper sack with a lidded cup inside and hand it to your RE saying, "I decided not to procreate with my husband; I brought his friend's sperm instead because he's much cuter."
- Have hubby/partner give your RE a new stack of pornos while saying, "The selection in there is pretty bad. Have you seen all the neat things some girls can do with a string of beads, lately?"
- Shout, "Peekaboo!" when the RE lifts the blanket.
- Hand your RE one of these and ask if he or she will slip one on you after the transfer.
Ladies, if you got 'em, add 'em.