So. I was chillin' out maxin' relaxin' and coolin' in my brand spankin' new mattresses when el Cinco came bursting into the room, having just returned from a shopping trip with my mom. Because she won't be here tomorrow, the family decided to celebrate my birthday one night early.

To show you how much my family is pulling for this cycle (I can't even think about using the p-word), there was a cake with a rainbow on it.

cake

A couple of days ago, my sister Dani asked what I wanted for my birthday and I told her, "What I really want, no one can give me." So, she got me the next best thing — hope.

365 034

Mom and Frank planned a weekend getaway for us (Frank and me, that is) to my favorite quiet place. Frank and I get to spend Friday through Sunday walking on the beach and doing a whole bunch of nothing. In this particular case, nothing is a whole lot of something, and I am grateful for it. I'm in need of a recharge and this is a perfect opportunity. We'll sleep in, take in a few movies, and veg out. Me likey.

Best of all, dark, dark, and darker. Come on little Skittle; you can do it!

Darker

And finally — Jordan. Because I'm totally grooming him to be a future stripper. (Yes, I recorded this sideways. I'm too lazy to fix it).

1. Bec on February 10, 2009 at 10:26 pm

Happy Birthday, my friend. I hope your day tomorrow is as beautiful as you are. I wish I could be there to celebrate with you, but as always, know that I am there with you in spirit. I hope you and Frank have a great time at Jekyll Island.
    I’m THRILLED that your tests keep getting darker. I’ll continue to hope right along with you that the little babe(s) are flourishing!
    And Jordan – there are simply no words that can describe the amount of Pepsi I just sprayed all over my laptop watching that video. Quiet little Jordan, now an aspiring stripper…where does the time go? 🙂
    I love you.

2. Alex on February 10, 2009 at 10:53 pm

Oh, those lines look lovely. Here’s to hope. And to Jordan too, what a hoot!

3. JuliaS on February 10, 2009 at 11:21 pm

Happy Birthday – love the hope plaque, great color.
    The tests look promising – keeping fingers crossed!
    When that kid asks you for a pole for his birthday are you gonna get him one? :0)
    I had to laugh at your comment on my Honest Scrap post – I read all the TP cards too!! :0)

4. Danielle on February 10, 2009 at 11:42 pm

Have the happiest of birthday, hon!
    Darker and darker is GOOD!!! Hope, that’s such a wonderful gift. Enjoy your little vacation. Take it easy and RECHARGE!
    So many HUGS!!!!

5. anymommy on February 10, 2009 at 11:55 pm

Happy Birthday. Relax, enjoy. You’re family is so incredible.
    (and, omigosh, those lines are fabulous, that’s getting close to, almost, like, I’m not going to say it first, but, here’s to huge sparkly hope)

6. Sandi on February 11, 2009 at 12:14 am

WooHOO! I am so happy for you! and that Jordan…Oh My Hell, good thing I don’t know where you live. I am going to steal that boy!
    And Happy Birthday Girlfriend!

7. Nikki on February 11, 2009 at 12:17 am

Those lines look fantastic!! Yay!! 🙂
    Happy birthday! And have a great getaway! You deserve it and I hope you have fun!

8. Baby Smiling In Back Seat on February 11, 2009 at 12:18 am

Happy Birthday!
    I’m a little disappointed that there’s no farting unicorn on your rainbow cake, but I doubt that you could find a store that would make that.
    Keep up the good work, little Skittle!

9. Amanda on February 11, 2009 at 12:24 am

OMG, those tests are looking great!!!! So excited!
    Your cake needs a unicorn! Maybe a My Little Pony with a toothpick taped to its’ head or something. Since it’s probably hard to find a unicorn cake topper 🙂
    Happy birthday!

10. debbie on February 11, 2009 at 12:53 am

Wow, those lines make me want to say that it’s really official, but I know better than to say anything at all before you get your next set of results. Nonetheless, they sure are making me feel pretty optimistic!!!
    Happy birthday Moxie! I can’t think of any better way to spend a birthday. Oh, and can I borrow el cinco (+ mom & sis) for my birthday; could they be any sweeter or more thoughtful?

11. mijk on February 11, 2009 at 5:07 am

My heart dropped for a second I thought that was your beta not your age (I don;t expect wise woman to be younger then me ;)> I feel very funny to be so obsessed for someone on the other side of the world

12. mijk on February 11, 2009 at 5:07 am

Oh and congratulations! (on the birthday the rest I will save till it’s safe)

13. journey to junior(ette) on February 11, 2009 at 5:17 am

i’m a little late to the party…happy birthday, lovely lady! i didn’t know you were so young! 🙂
    those HPTs look amazing. i continue to be hopeful for you all!

14. Cindy on February 11, 2009 at 5:36 am

Happy Birthday…and SO liking those lines!

15. niobe on February 11, 2009 at 6:08 am

Go Jordan! Go lines! Happy, happy birthday Moxie!. And when I need a new mattress, I’ll be sure to consult your kids.

16. jenn on February 11, 2009 at 7:03 am

Happy birthday! What an awesome cake!!!
    Those lines are looking beautiful- I will continue crossing until you get to breathe a nice deep sigh of relief.
    Enjoy your weekend, soundsl ike a lovely recharging!

17. Shelli on February 11, 2009 at 7:22 am

Happy Birthday! That cake is making me hungry.
    That’s some mighty fine HPT’s there. Hang on my dear Skittle!

18. Kristin on February 11, 2009 at 7:27 am

I’m with mijk…I briefly thought that was your beta and was crushed. I clicked over thinking I was going to be said. Instead I’m ecstatic looking at those tests and I’m thrilled I get to say Happy Birthday to one of my favorite bloggers.
    Hippo Birdie 2 ewe
    Hippo Birdie 2 ewe
    Hippo Birdie deer Moxie
    Hippo Birdie 2 ewe!

19. allypally on February 11, 2009 at 7:47 am

Happy Birthday Moxie! Enjoy your holiday and I’m sending lots of hopeful thoughts for the skittle.

20. Calliope on February 11, 2009 at 7:59 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY you FOXY thang!!
    & rock on, Skittle! Those lines are beautiful!
    xo

21. Sara on February 11, 2009 at 8:32 am

Happy Birthday Gorgeous!
    Lovin’ the lines. Keep those bad girls coming!

22. Kathy on February 11, 2009 at 8:50 am

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Moxie, happy birthday to you! 🙂
    Love the rainbow birthday cake and hope sign! 🙂 Your weekend away with Frank sounds perfect! Glad to see the HPTs are getting darker. Hoping and praying that is a good sign for this pregnancy. Still waiting and believing in magic with you. (((HUGS)))

23. Jendeis on February 11, 2009 at 8:59 am

Happy birthday sweetie!! Believing in magic with you!

24. Fiddle1 on February 11, 2009 at 9:01 am

Happy Birthday! I’m liking those pee sticks! Jordan’s definitely got the moves, too!

25. tash on February 11, 2009 at 9:38 am

Wow, it completely looks like a unicorn farted on that cake, and yet soooo delicious!! Pass a piece this way!
    Happy Birthday, and keep us posted on the rest. I’m so glad you have a time-out planned. I need me some of that.

26. Intending To Be Parents on February 11, 2009 at 9:58 am

Happy Birthday! Those tests do indeed look darker each day!! I am rooting so hard for the skittle!!

27. Miss W on February 11, 2009 at 10:06 am

Happy birthday, Moxie! Here’s hoping you get exactly what you want!

28. Kari on February 11, 2009 at 12:02 pm

Those tests look absolutely beautiful. I am still praying for you and Chance! Have a great fantastic day and get away! And I still can’t believe your younger than I either.

29. Lesha on February 11, 2009 at 12:03 pm

Happy Birthday!
    Enjoy the quiet weekend. And the pee sticks look great!

30. Chanel on February 11, 2009 at 12:04 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG SIS…..
    I was mad at mom because she didn’t tell me about the party. I’m gonna have to beat her later. But happy birthday…the big 3-1 huh. Wow. seems like just yesterday you were running around and twirling your flag and coming home and grabbing turkey legs and eating them like a caveman. 🙂 Happy Birthday Shorty Do Wop. Love you

31. sara on February 11, 2009 at 12:46 pm

Hapyy Birthday Moxie! I’m so glad that little line is getting darker. I’m sure it’s the little things that matter the most, huh? ((hugs))

32. Soapchick on February 11, 2009 at 2:29 pm

Happy Birthday!! Enjoy. I’m so hopeful for you and Chance seeing those darker HPTs!

33. girlh on February 11, 2009 at 2:48 pm

Happy Birthday girl! 🙂
    Jordan dancing. SO CUTE.
    Those lines getting darker. Awesome.
    Here’s to that beta being. better. than. awesome.

34. Soralis on February 11, 2009 at 3:44 pm

Happy Birthday!
    Crossing my fingers for you!

35. Former IM on February 11, 2009 at 5:33 pm

Happy B-day!!! Hope you get what you want 🙂
    Very cute video too.

36. My Reality on February 11, 2009 at 5:50 pm

Happy Birthday, Moxie!
    I am happy to see the lines getting darker! Enjoy your weekend away, you deserve it!

37. jenn on February 11, 2009 at 8:21 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Wishing you plenty of blessings!!!

38. chicklet on February 11, 2009 at 8:45 pm

Those lines are definitely getting darker!!!

39. katedaphne on February 11, 2009 at 8:56 pm

Nice lines!!
    And a very happy birthday to you.
    xo

40. luna on February 11, 2009 at 8:57 pm

happy happy day, kym! looks like y ou’re already celebrating, or at least jordan is.
    those lines are looking good, my friend. yay you!

41. Carrie Holmquist on February 11, 2009 at 9:06 pm

I’m jealous. You guys deserve it.

42. Kate on February 12, 2009 at 8:40 am

Happy birthday! Your get away sound wonderful. Wow, there are a lot of really cool people with February birthdays.
    If Jordan can do that in heels, he will be set. Wait, I guess male strippers don’t have to wear heels. How is that fair?
    Man, there is something really beautiful about a test line that is darker than a control line. Did you ever think you’d find your pee so reassuring?

43. Ms. J on February 12, 2009 at 9:13 am

LOVE those darkening lines, girl!!!
    Happy b-day, wishing you all sorts of unicorns and rainbows ;o)