Today while I should have been paying attention poetry project presentations (if I hear one more kid pronounce "hyperbole" as hyper-BOLE instead of hy-PER-bo-lee my head just might explode, ha!), but instead my mind just kept getting sidetracked. You see, all I could think about was this blog and all the people and support who are just a few clicks away.
I am in bloggy love with you. There. I said it. You have my heart and I think about you all the time.
There are several times a day when I think to myself, "I am soooo blogging this." No matter how hard and cold this path sometimes is, there is this part of me that always feels the love that emanates from this here 'puter, sent through cyberspace from you to me. I carry you with me each and every day and I am strengthened by you.
So, here's how my free-association-I-should-be-paying-100%-attention-to-the-projects-but-I'm-not-because-I'm-in-bloggy-love-like-a-sappy-little-teenager-thought process went:
Ohmigosh! Kate just donated 900 units of Follistim! Do not let these students see you start tearing up. —–> Gee, I love my bloggy friends. ——> They give me the warm and fuzzies, just like a cozy pair of socks. ——> Just like those crazy socks I bought for Chance and me for our transfer ——> I wish I could send a pair of crazy socks to all my bloggy friends so that they could feel the love, too——-> LIGHT BULB!
It's The Great Sock-It-to-Me Exchange. The warmth you feel from your bloggy support is a warm and fuzzy pair of snuggly socks (metaphor!). Take the support with you for a trip to the stirrups. Wear them when you're chasing around your battle-won little person. Put them on when you have something to celebrate or when you need a hug. Wear them as a physical reminder of all the people inside your computer who you know care for and are thinking of you.
Here's what to do:
The sign-up deadline has been extended to Sunday, March 8! Sign up now! Please email me at kyrajaATyahooDOTcom to sign up because I've been having some trouble with my regular email link. All buddies will be matched up by 11:59pm March 8.
- Sign up runs from now until Friday, March 6. Email me (the link is under my pic up there on the right) with your snail-mail address, blog title, and blog address by then to participate.
- I'll will send you the information for your "sock buddy" by Monday, March 9.
- You have until Saturday, March 21 to send the socks to your sock buddy.
- The week of April 6 is Sock-It-to-Me Week. Post a picture of your socks (worn or not worn) with a link back to the blogger who sent them to you. The topic of your post should be about what the support of this community means to you and how it has helped and is helping you. It's a week for warm and fuzzies. Like ummm…the socks.
- When you post, come back here with a link to your post and I'll keep a running list of the entries.
- Optional – help promote the Sock-It-to-Me Exchange by posting about it now with a link to this post. Here's the code to a badge:
Who can't use a little extra support? Consider your Sock-It-to-Me socks your "support hose."