Honestly scrapped with a side of Sesame

I was given the Honest Scrap Award by at least three different bloggers sometime within the past two weeks when I was hiding under the blog with my covers over my head. I'll be damned if I can remember who gave it to me. I want to do that post and pass it on, but I want to give credit where credit is due and link back to the three bloggers who gave it to me. I also need to pass on the Lemonade Stand Award, but I know that Kristin gave that one to me; I distinctly remember crying over that one. So, if you're one of the three who gave the Honest Scrap, can you let me know who you are? I know — I suck.

Speaking of Kristin, she has a post up about a warning label on flashback Sesame Street DVD (WTF???). Kristin put up a YouTube clip of one of her favorite Sesame Street clips and asked for others to do the same. I posted the links in her comments, but I wanted to put them here, too, just because I can. And Grover is funny.

This is one of my all-time favorites — Grover as the waiter and Simon the Sound Guy:

Smokey Robinson and the rather annoying, stalkerish orange Letter U with "You Really Got a Hold on Me":

The Ladybug Picnic:

The Oinker Sisters with "New Way to Walk"

And who doesn't love the Pinball Counting animation sequences?

Does anyone other than me remember Nickelodeon's Danger Mouse and Bananaman? Would it be so hard to get some old reruns of Fraggle Rock going? I watched an episode of the new Electric Company last week and I was pleasantly pleased to see that they stuck to some of the old basics, like the shadow-profile-people breaking words down into phonics:

Left person: SH
Right person: IT
Both together: SHIT!

That's good stuff.

So tell — what are your favorite old school TV shows?

1. Heather R. on February 28, 2009 at 6:26 pm

I have Fraggle Rock on DVD. They are showing old episodes of ALF on Comcast now. WEEEEEEEEEE!
    Anyone remember Today’s Special? With the puppets and mannequins that come to life after closing?
    No one I know seems to remember that one.

2. Moxie on February 28, 2009 at 6:33 pm

Yes! I remember Today’s Special! The mannequin’s name was Jeff and when his white hat was removed, he came to life. Wasn’t there a mouse that lived in a dollhouse on that show, too?

3. Heather R. on February 28, 2009 at 6:43 pm

OMG I LOVE YOU!!!!! I’m not crazy if someone else remembers! Muffy the mouse, Jeff, Baby M the puppet guard! YAAAAAAAAY!

4. Poppy on February 28, 2009 at 6:51 pm

oh my gosh, they just showed that soup muppet on jon stewart, and put him next to Michael Steele, it was HILARIOUS.
    I love old sesame street and muppet show.

5. Heather R. on February 28, 2009 at 6:57 pm

6. Moxie on February 28, 2009 at 7:03 pm

That’s hilarious, Heather! I completely remember that theme song! I had a good laugh over that!

7. Moxie on February 28, 2009 at 7:04 pm

Oh yes! The Muppet Show! Chef is one of my favorites, with all that mumbling he used to do.
    Do you guys remember in the late 80’s there was a cereal “by Chef” called Croonchy Stars?

8. Moxie on February 28, 2009 at 7:05 pm

Croonchy Stars: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cr%C3%B6onchy_Stars
    Talk about a flashback!

9. Heather R. on February 28, 2009 at 7:14 pm

They even had a commercial omg.
    I never got those! I’m suing my mom for neglect!

10. Moxie on February 28, 2009 at 7:16 pm

I’m going to be on YouTube all night looking up old stuff!
    Do you remember Ice Cream Jones cereal? That one was way too short-lived.

11. Shelli on February 28, 2009 at 7:17 pm

I am totally going to date myself with this one.
    “Land of the Lost” -was on Saturday mornings when I was a kid. It was a kids show about a family lost in time in the pre-historic era. Will was the brother, and man he was a cutie! lol

12. Carrie Holmquist on February 28, 2009 at 7:22 pm

I loved Fraggle Rock! We had limited viewing of cartoons on the farm, just in the past 5 years my parents have gotten Directv. LOL!

13. Moxie on February 28, 2009 at 7:30 pm

You poor, deprived, farmer girl. Do you have any recollection at all of Pinwheel? If not, you need a hug.

14. Moxie on February 28, 2009 at 7:34 pm

Errr, yeah. I’ve heard of it before and I’ve seen an episode or two here or there, but I had to go look it up to properly refresh my memory. Let’s put it like this – the show’s run was over two years before I was even born. I found a picture of “Will” and rawwwrrr…he WAS quite the hottie with his 70’s fluffy hair, wasn’t he?

15. Heather R. on February 28, 2009 at 7:42 pm

I was obsessed with Pin Wheel. Comcast On Demand has a channel with Thundercats, My Little Pony, Smurfs, and Snorks.

16. Moxie on February 28, 2009 at 7:47 pm

We have DirecTV and sadly, there is no OnDemand with them. Travesty. I would totally switch if I could get old episodes of She-Ra OnDemand.

17. Heather R. on February 28, 2009 at 7:56 pm

She-Ra! My brother had all the He-Man stuff including a hand painted He-Man on the wall my dad did for him. I had the Rainbow Brite room with rainbow on the wall and build in rows of toy boxes. My dad painted each lid with a diff Rainbow Brite character. My dad was DA MAN.

18. Moxie on February 28, 2009 at 8:08 pm

That’s pretty damned cool!
    I beat the shit out of a boy twice my size with my pink She-Ra lunchbox when I was in 2nd grade. I swear I could feel the power of She-Ra rise up out of my lunchbox and into my arm as I knocked him upside the head over and over with it.

19. Sandi on February 28, 2009 at 8:12 pm

You just made my day! Nothing like a little ladybug picnic to make me smile!

20. Heather R. on February 28, 2009 at 8:13 pm

Here you are!
    Hmm now to photoshop a lunchbox in her hand.

21. Moxie on February 28, 2009 at 8:18 pm

DAYUM, a black She-Ra! I gotta use that graphic for something.

22. tash on February 28, 2009 at 8:26 pm

Funny, I think I just sang the pinball song not too long ago for some reason or another. I was a real Electric Company junky (Spiderman? Fargo North Da-coder?) but also loved the Muppets, Zoom, Sesame. When I got a bit older it was Flintstones in the a.m. and Johnny Quest on the weekends. I also dug Gilligan’s Island and Emergency 51.
    Wow, did I just date myself there, or what?

23. Pbugsmommy on February 28, 2009 at 10:32 pm

I’m about to totally date myself…

24. Kristin on February 28, 2009 at 11:06 pm

Do you remember the show Pinwheel back in the early days of Nickelodeon? The song from that one still runs through my head. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinwheel_(TV_show)
    I use to watch Mr. Rogers all the time.

25. Kristin on February 28, 2009 at 11:09 pm

Oh yeah…I was a huge Muppets fan too.
    BTW Moxie, I gave you another award chica…get thine ass over to my blog to get it.

26. Jo on March 1, 2009 at 1:20 am

I “scrapped” you, too. Sorry — I had already written the damn post when I read yours. Apparently you are EVERYONE’S favorite blogger — geez!

27. Moxie on March 1, 2009 at 7:47 am

Heck yeah! I mentioned Pinwheel somewhere up there in one of the other comments. I will never forget that song:
    “Pinwheel, pinwheel spinning around.
    Look at my pinwheel and see what I’ve found.
    Pinwheel, pinwheel won’t you come in?
    Hello, how aaaarrree you, and how have you been?”
    My favorite character was that half-blind mole who always wore that pink shower cap thingy.

28. Heather on March 1, 2009 at 2:28 pm

Has to be smurfs and 3-2-1- Contact. Big fan of Fraggle Rock too. Oh, and can’t leave out Reading Rainbow. Oh the days….
    There is a channel on our cable system that actually does rerun some of the goodies, like Fraggle Rock, snorks, smurfs, and some other stuff. Yum!

29. Heather R. on March 1, 2009 at 3:05 pm