Sock It to Me Conclusion and Egg Fight 2009

I wanted to conclude Sock It to Me Week with a personal message from me to all of you, so I chose to close with my first video blog post.

Several of you have also been looking forward to this year’s Egg Fight. If you have no idea what I’m talking about, you can check out last year’s Egg Fight post and video here.

Did I fare any better this year? Watch the video below for a bit of bloggy love and for clips from Egg Fight 2009.

If you haven’t already, spend some time reading through the Sockeroo, which is the list of Sock It to Me posts by bloggers from across the Adoption, Loss, and Infertility community.

Love, peace, and hair grease, my good peeps of the ‘net!

1. Heather R. on April 12, 2009 at 8:13 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
    $100!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your reaction was priceless!!!! I didn’t know you could bend that way!
    You literally rocked my socks!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Moxie on April 12, 2009 at 8:16 pm

It’s all because of you, Heather. I’m convinced! I’ve NEVER won, not in the 14 years that my mom has been holding these Egg Fights. We’ve always had the typical egg hunts, but when she switched it and threw in the money I’ve never won more than a few bucks. Now I get your socks and I win ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS!!! 🙂 Do you think it would be gross if I never took these socks off? 🙂 Love ya!

3. Heather R. on April 12, 2009 at 8:18 pm

As long as you wear them in the shower I don’t see a problem! They will get clean, after all.
    Love Ya Too!

4. Jo on April 12, 2009 at 8:23 pm

Go, Moxie and her Smart Chicks Socks! Just think how many pairs of socks you can buy with that$100! I love, love, love your Mom’s Easter egg hunt ideas. She is so creative! I’m totally stealing that idea for when we have kids.
    Happy Easter and Hugs Galore!
    Jo

5. Moxie on April 12, 2009 at 8:23 pm

I think Frank might have me committed if I did that! I’ll settle for at least once a week!

6. Heather R. on April 12, 2009 at 8:35 pm

Oh and a big HUBBA HUBBA to Frank. That man is FINE!
    Signed,
    A Sucker For Dimples

7. Queenie on April 12, 2009 at 8:42 pm

That’s great–I love the way your mom does the hunt! Congrat’s on scoring in the egg hunt–I hope this means good things are to come on your NEXT egg hunt, too!

8. My Reality on April 12, 2009 at 8:45 pm

I may be prepared to offer you more than $100 for your socks.

9. Moxie on April 12, 2009 at 8:55 pm

These socks are priceless, especially if the luck carries over into next month and beyond!

10. Moxie on April 12, 2009 at 8:55 pm

Thanks! May’s egg hunt is the one for which we really need all the luck we can possibly muster!

11. Moxie on April 12, 2009 at 8:57 pm

Frank said, “I’m your sexy man.” As in MY sexy man, cuz that’s what I call him. He said he’s flattered. 🙂

12. Moxie on April 12, 2009 at 8:57 pm

I should buy a pair of lucky duck socks for every day of the week!

13. Trish K on April 12, 2009 at 9:03 pm

Perhaps this could become the sisterhood of the traveling socks!
    Congrats on winning the big bucks!!!! No wonder you were running like a crazy woman when we had our egg hunt at work! You have lots of practice.

14. Heather R. on April 12, 2009 at 9:05 pm

Did she clothesline any students? Is there a video if she did?

15. Moxie on April 12, 2009 at 9:08 pm

The egg hunt at work was just for the teachers and it was held about 20 minutes before the students were allowed into the building in the morning. I did shove the hell out of a few teachers and slammed a couple into some walls, though. 🙂

16. Moxie on April 12, 2009 at 9:10 pm

Fat lot of good all that crazy running did at work! I got three pieces of gum and some crusty jelly beans. At least Carrie got a jeans day pass!

17. Heather R. on April 12, 2009 at 9:12 pm

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! You make me smile like dork!

18. Andrea on April 12, 2009 at 9:15 pm

That’s soooo awesome!!!! Enjoy your $$$!!

19. Carrie Holmquist on April 12, 2009 at 9:45 pm

That was hysterical! Dani already told me you won, but seeing your reaction, was priceless.
    You so deserve to FINALLY win!

20. Megan on April 12, 2009 at 10:23 pm

So much greatness in that video:
    *Frank’s greeting caught me off guard and cracked me up.
    *Congrats on finally cashing in big at the egg fight.
    *Your mom is awesome! It’s like Easter Egg Hunt meets MXC meets Let’s Make a Deal.
    *Your reaction was perfect (including the part where Kaelyn wants to get in on the action and shoves her hand down your shirt).
    *The pictures of your cinco are adorable!

21. Trish K on April 12, 2009 at 10:46 pm

Carrie was running like a madwoman too. I didn’t get anything but a few pieces of candy either. I gave it to one of our paras at work. I don’t eat candy, unless it is chocolate and then I will fight you for it.

22. Kristin on April 12, 2009 at 11:01 pm

I am bummed…the video will not run for me right now.

23. Leanne1972 on April 12, 2009 at 11:10 pm

This is Leanne1972 from SMO. Congrats on winning the 2009 Easter Egg Hunt. I was just wondering this morning who it was that posted an awsome video on their blog last year at Easter. I remember thinking what wonderful family that was. Then tonight in the chitchat forum I found out it was you! So glad I found your blog again.
    Leanne
    TSx1 baby girl born February 4, 2009

24. Kristin on April 12, 2009 at 11:32 pm

Woohooo…it finally ran for me! Love, love, love your reaction. And, Frank is a hottie!

25. Heather R. on April 13, 2009 at 12:12 am

Whew, I’m not the only one on Moxie’s shit list now!
    Let’s go hide!

26. Danielle on April 13, 2009 at 12:12 am

WOOOHOO!!! YAY for lucky socks! Congrats on winning, that’s amazing. Heather been have put LOTS of good luck in those socks.

27. charmedgirl on April 13, 2009 at 8:42 am

GIRL…..that was hilarious at the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    btw, i suck…please send your address again and give me the deadline for the meds…and please lie and make it an undetermined number of days PRIOR TO the actual need-by date!!!

28. luna on April 13, 2009 at 12:43 pm

what an awesome video! I remembered last year’s video and was hoping you’d get something good this year! go kym. and frank too. how fun!

29. Erica on April 13, 2009 at 1:08 pm

Loved, loved, loved the video!!! Thanks for sharing it. And your family is absolutely precious. I especially enjoyed the pic of your lil’ ones making their tough guy/girl faces. Super cute! 🙂
    My egg retrieval is set for this Wednesday. Socks will be worn. Keep your fingers crossed please!

30. Erica on April 13, 2009 at 1:08 pm

Oh yeah, and congrats on the $100 eggie!

31. Kari on April 13, 2009 at 1:48 pm

you won, you won, holy shit you won!!! Thats awesome!!

32. Angry Infertile on April 13, 2009 at 6:01 pm

Scuse me. Where do I get sum o dem lucky $100 sockies?

33. jenn on April 13, 2009 at 7:14 pm

Congrats on the win!!! The socks DID work, I would wear them everyday :). The kids are too cute!

34. debbie on April 13, 2009 at 8:25 pm

That was so fun! Thanks for including us in the egg hunt!!! I can’t believe you got the $100.00!
    CONGRATULATIONS!

35. sara on April 14, 2009 at 12:22 pm

Very cool! Hope you had a great Easter! (Do you mind if for real I had some questions regarding our surrogacy stuff with my friend if I emailed you? ((hugs))

36. sara on April 14, 2009 at 12:28 pm

Lovin hearing Frank as well! Please count me in for the fall Sock it to me…I missed this one and want to be a part of the next!

37. nancy on April 14, 2009 at 1:03 pm

omg. Seriously. I can NEVER again watch a video of yours while I’m at work. People around me think I’m fucking nuts. That was awesome.
    I’m ~so~ coming to visit you. And I’m not kidding. I’m going to visit Pam too. And you. Not Eden though, cause I am still too bitter against australia.

38. sara on April 15, 2009 at 3:46 pm

Looks like so much fun! I just emailed you…thanks again for everything!