Gold star for my uterus

For once, my uterus wasn't two steps behind and was actually ahead of the game. I haven't started my period because my lining is already super-thin, measuring barely 2mm. My ovaries were quiet and were surprisingly relatively normal in appearance, given my PCOS.

I even lucked out and didn't have the pleasure of having Dr. DeadFish's hands up my hooha; his nurse practitioner (who is a sweetheart) did my ultrasound.

A few hours later, Chyrl, our nurse from the main clinic, called to say that all looked good and that because my lining was so thin, I didn't need to have a period and that I was cleared to drop the demon piss down to 5 units and begin Vivelle patches and estrace today. Score one for me.

This afternoon, my mom is kidnapping el Cinco for a couple of days away. A trip to Jacksonville, the zoo, a hotel with a huge indoor pool, and Dave & Buster's is on the itenerary. While the children are away, the adults will play. Chance and Apollo are coming over later today. On our itenerary is grilling steaks and chicken, an air mattress in the living room, and tons of blankets and pillows. Heads out of the gutter, people. We're going to rent some oldie but goodie movies and load up on popcorn and candy for a movie night. Hey – it's as good of a distraction as any.

Tomorrow morning Frank and I are going to me the rest of the family in Jacksonville for the zoo trip, then we're going to return home to squeeze out a day for just the two of us.

That's what I call a good weekend. Good family. Good friends. Good husband. Good uterus.

What's on your agenda for the weekend?

1. Deshaine on April 17, 2009 at 9:34 am

my weekend is slammed packed: 4 photo sessions and a wedding.
    Hope you enjoy your movies…. which movies are on the play list??

2. Deshaine on April 17, 2009 at 9:39 am

I screwed the pooch on the link to my blog… hope you don’t mind a double post to correct the inaccuracy.

3. Heather R. on April 17, 2009 at 11:42 am

YAY UTERUS! Have a great time on your trip! Say hi to the monkeys for me, they are my fav. part of any zoo!

4. Cindy on April 17, 2009 at 11:43 am

Awwwww….man. I wish I could drive down for the movie night grill…sounds NICE. My plan? Clean the house (badly needed), do the laundry (badly needed), do some yard work (yep, you guessed it, badly needed).

5. anymommy on April 17, 2009 at 11:48 am

Go uterus! That weekend sounds fabulous – enjoy. Ours is much quieter, but finally, (finally, finally) warm.

6. Baby Smiling In Back Seat on April 17, 2009 at 11:52 am

Between bouts of falling asleep and lying on the couch, we’re hanging out with friends (including two very pregnant women). My task: try to hide my expanding belly so that we can keep our secret a few weeks longer. DH suggested loose clothes, but it’s tailored all the way for me.

7. Carrie Holmquist on April 17, 2009 at 12:41 pm

Yay uterus!!! I’m glad she behaved this time around. Enjoy the zoo and your quiet time.

8. niobe on April 17, 2009 at 1:03 pm

Sounds great! Hey, how ’bout if I come and visit? Not this weekend, but maybe in a few weeks…?

9. JessPond on April 17, 2009 at 2:28 pm

Wow, sounds like you’ve hit a good streak indeed! Behaving uterus, happy kids, fun weekend! Nice, nice, nice! 🙂
    ENJOY!

10. My Reality on April 17, 2009 at 6:29 pm

What time should I be there for dinner?

11. Danielle on April 17, 2009 at 9:04 pm

YAY for The Uterus! Have a great time this weekend. I get to clean out gutters at my in laws…good times!

12. charmedgirl on April 17, 2009 at 10:58 pm

sounds good…and there’s alot of luck floating out there…
    this weekend: paige’s mega tattoo is gonna be finished tomorrow, just minus the rest of the half-sleeve. FINALLY. after that, marc and i will be treated to dinner and tons of specialty tequilas at bobby flay’s place in nyc, kids will be sleeping over at my sister’s. sunday is marc’s b-day, so lobster and crab and anything else i can get into my gullet for an early dinner with the kids. sounds good, doesn’t it?!? you just so happened to ask before the right weekend. otherwise? it sounds something like this: YOU’RE LOOKING AT IT.

13. Kristin on April 18, 2009 at 1:46 am

Didn’t you know I was coming to your house for dinner? Hehe
    Seriously, glad to hear the good news about your ute.
    And, I plan to do as little as possible this weekend.

14. coffeegrl on April 18, 2009 at 6:45 am

Yay ute! We hit KoreaTown today (it’s Saturday night already!) and had some yummy Korean food. Tomorrow is a birthday party for my nephew – small family only deal. We’re expecting summer-like temperatures and we’re going to eat cake. I couldn’t be much more excited!!

15. soralis on April 20, 2009 at 1:09 am

Catching up as per usual! I will be crossing my fingers for your cycle! Good Luck.
    I was reading your amazing story about Baby M… you are such an amazing woman!
    Take care and good luck!

16. Alicia Millis on April 20, 2009 at 11:50 am

yay! lots of goodness, so happy to hear that! hope everything went awesomely!

17. sara on April 20, 2009 at 1:12 pm

That sounds like one heck of a great weekend! I hope that it went well, and yay for good food and a good uterus! (Could your uterus teach my uterus some good uteri etiquette?) One of my favorite things is getting movies to watch in with lots of good junk food or take out and just crashing in. Sounds like a perfect evening. As for our weekend…well I worked but it was a pretty gosh darn good weekend if I had to spend it in the OR. Plus as a double bonus I was on call from Sunday to Monday morning and didn’t get called in! Yay for great weekends!

18. Jes on April 20, 2009 at 6:30 pm

It sounds like you guys had an awesome weekend: I’m so jealous of the zoo trip. I haven’t been to a zoo in probably 15 years.

19. In Due Time on April 21, 2009 at 5:02 am

I had a lazy childless infertile weekend, too. Hope y’all had fun!

20. Amy on April 21, 2009 at 6:33 am

From ICLW:
    Don’t you just LOVE the stay-in breaks when the kids are elsewhere? I mean holidays are great but there is something intensely decadent about being at home with no responsibilities 🙂
    VP

21. lilmarcosmom@gmail.com on April 21, 2009 at 7:40 am

Sounds like heavan!!!!!

22. Jill on April 21, 2009 at 8:20 am

Sounds fantastic! YAY UTERUS!

23. Mrs. Gamgee on April 21, 2009 at 9:25 am

Sounds like you had a great weekend planned! Hope all turned out as fun as it sounds!
    Happy ICLW!