I have a zillion things to do on my Around the House To Do List, so what better thing is there by procrastinating and throwing up a quick drive-by post on my neglected blog? There are things I plan on discussing here just as soon as I stop Twittering and playing on Facebook knock a dent in the laundry and help get two cookie orders finished. A quick preview:
- I go back to work in less than two weeks on August 3 and the kids start school again on August 6. I've spent the last couple of days trying to figure out where June went. I mean, I seriously had some trouble trying to figure out just what the hell I did in June. I checked back through June's blog entries and umm, yeah. Late May/June pretty much sucked. I think I'm getting a little bit too good at blocking out heartache. I damned near forgot the whole month.
- "Mommyblogging" and how there's something about that term that makes my skin crawl, but I can't quite figure out what it is. Essentially I guess mommyblogging is what I do when I post about el Cinco, but I need to figure out why I freeze up a little each and every time I post about them. It's time to get them down and out so that I can process them better. Expect some posts about Parenting After Infertility and what I call "Passport Children."
- I need to let you in on who my new match is with.
- Wii Active: totally fell off the horse thanks to the cookies. Mind you, I haven't been EATING the cookies (save for a few bites here and there), but we've been so busy with the cookie biz that I haven't had time to exercise. Rather, by the time we get the time to do so, the last thing we want to do is exercise. We're going to start the 30-day Challenge over from the beginning on Monday.
- Speaking of cookies, big announcement: today, we are going to list three of each item on Frank's Big One's Bakery on Etsy. When they're gone, we're going to go into "vacation" mode and won't reopen until mid-September. We had NO IDEA that you guys would attack the cookies the way you did. NO FREAKIN' CLUE! We thought we'd get some sympathy orders in much the same way that you'd give a five-year old a quarter for a watery cup of lemonade at their cardboard corner stand: Aww…wookit how cute you two aaarre trying to sell some coookiieeees. You guys bought cookies. Then you had a cookie mouthgasm (to use Heather's word) and told other people to buy cookies, and they did too. People all over the country had Frank's Big Ones in their mouths (ha!), and suddenly we had a zillion orders and we were baking 18 out of 24 hours a day (literally). But we were baking gleefully, clapping like happy idiots every time we got more orders or another great review. So, you've kept us busy. So busy, in fact, that in order to better serve you in the future, we need to close shop for a bit in order to retool to handle the welcome workload. Right now our oven is capable of only churning out 15 giant cookies every 1.5 hours. Next month we're going to upgrade to a sleek new convection oven, in which we'll be able to get 15 cookies in only 20 minutes. Also, as of next week, the back-to-school rush begins for us. I have to start getting my classroom back in order next week and as I've already told you, we all start school again in the first week of August. We want to spend some quality, non-cookie time with el Cinco with the last bit of summer that we have left. The brief hiatus will also give Frank time to perfect the much-requested Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Raisin Big Ones, along with a couple more specialty cookies that he's been working on. When we reopen in mid-September, the cookie prices will be going up by a few dollars. Right now we're doing a teensy bit better than breaking even and we'd umm…like to see some actual profit. We've had lots of feedback from people saying they would have been happy to (and would have expected) to pay more for such huge cookies, so we're not going to sell ourselves short. Or too cheap. Or whatever. When we re-open, you'll be able to order from Frank's independent, off-Etsy Website/blog. Ramble, ramble, ramble…all of that to say this: ONLY THREE OF EACH ITEM ON FRANK'S BIG ONES BAKERY WILL BE AVAILABLE UNTIL MID-SEPTEMBER. HURRY AND ORDER NOW AT THE DISCOUNTED RATES OR YOU'LL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL MID-SEPTEMBER. ONCE WE'VE SOLD OUT OF THE CURRENT INVENTORY, WE'RE CLOSING SHOP UNTIL MID-SEPTEMBER! GET YOUR COOKIE ORGASM NOW!
- You guys rock for having ordered so many cookies and for helping to spread the word!
- Hell's Kitchen – feisty Marine guy is going to get his ass chewed next week.
That's all for now. I promise a post with real substance and thought soon. For now, I need to go do something productive. Right after I check Facebook….