I

I heart lesbians, especially ones who make homemade monoclepods and sweaterbirds and write about peeing. I knew I was definitely in love when I saw this week's picture of Harriet Tubman in a bad ass rocketship. Seeing as how this is the first day of ICLW, now that you've come, when you leave here click over to Bionic Mamas and say hi (even though they aren't on the ICLW list this month). Sugar Mama and Bionic Baby Mama are writing a tandem bring-on-the-baby blog, and they're relatively new to the IF blogosphere. Definitely click over to support them, as it is their first month trying to conceive. If the typical challenges of fielding stupid questions like, "Which one of you is the man?" and having to pick a frozen papa isn't enough, Bionic Baby Mama (who will be the frozen papa recipient) has two cervixes. Cervices. (Cervixes is grammatically incorrect, but cervices looks and sounds too much like crevices, which, when you think about it, is pretty damned close in definition to cervices, but I digress….) Their blog is refreshingly smart,  candid, creative, and Mama Moses in space is there. Need I say more? Tell 'em I sent you.

I've given you a gift of a new blog for ICLW. Give me a gift and leave a link in the comments to someone else's blog or singular blog post (or even an entry of your own) that's so gee-golly good that you think I should read. I'll comment on each and every one left, and I'll tell 'em you sent me there.

After all, I'll have the time on my hands this weekend to do it. I'll be spending it here, laid up in my bed moaning Swing Low, Sweet Chariot. Rocket-riding Ms. Tubman must be comin' for to carry me home because I am hallucinating stars. I've been watching el Cinco so vigilantly on the Cootie Watch that it wasn't until Frank noticed that I was running a fever (102.3o) that I realized I felt like ick.

1. Trish K on August 21, 2009 at 7:36 pm

AHHHH, so sorry that you are sick. I hope that you get better soon, and that I didn’t get your cooties when sitting by you at lunch. Of course, a couple days off work in the bed doesn’t sound half bad……… too bad you have to feel like butt in the process.

2. Beautiful Mess on August 21, 2009 at 9:15 pm

HAPPY ICLW!
    ACK! I hope you get to feelin better soon! Ahhh the joys of being on cootie watch. Isn’t life just grand sometimes?
    *HUGS*

3. Melissa on August 21, 2009 at 9:35 pm

aw, I hope the fever goes away soon!!

4. Megan on August 21, 2009 at 9:42 pm

Sorry you’re sick. I hope it doesn’t get too bad so you can enjoy your time laid up a little bit.

5. Rach on August 21, 2009 at 10:51 pm

Hope the fever disappears soon and you start to feel better!
    ICLW

6. Lorza on August 21, 2009 at 10:58 pm

Happy ICLW- sorry about the cooties. That sucks….check out this new-ish blog http://myquest.thevolkmanns.com/ He is MAN blogger.

7. Bionic Brooklynite on August 22, 2009 at 10:33 am

Aw, thanks for the notice! I meant to do ICLW this month and clean forgot. Next time I’ll try better.

8. jill on August 22, 2009 at 11:27 am

Bleh I hate being sick! Hope you feel better.
    She’s on the ICLW list already but I wanted to direct you over to her last “Thoughtful Thursday” post: http://babysmiling.wordpress.com/2009/08/20/thoughtful-thursday-improved/
    I think it’s a great question and has gotten some wonderful responses as well.

9. Sara on August 22, 2009 at 12:41 pm

Ugh. Sorry about the cooties.
    I will have to think about where to send you, but I wanted to post now to thank you for the wonderful gift of lesbians. I laughed, I cried, I almost peed.

10. M on August 22, 2009 at 3:10 pm

I remember that I ‘stumbled’ here during my inital IF blog search… But then lost your URL when the computer rebooted itself. (Don’t you love that?) Glad to have found you again and I hope you feel better soon!
    Here’s a new favorite I recently found: http://noovenforthebun.blogspot.com/2009/08/iclw-welcome.html She’s pretty fabulous.

11. anymommy on August 22, 2009 at 4:11 pm

feel better soon!!

12. Kristin on August 22, 2009 at 10:05 pm

Feel better chica! I went over and read their blog and it is great. Thanks for the linkage.

13. In Due Time on August 22, 2009 at 10:51 pm

I hope you feel better soon. xoxoxo!!!! I promise I’ll get you an email some time this week. The kids go back to school Monday. I’ll finally get a break.

14. WiseGuy on August 23, 2009 at 1:51 am

Thank God for Frank! 🙂 You have to take care of yourself lady!
    Here’s your gift….one post this ICLW, that had me hooked!
    ICLW!

15. Wishing4One on August 23, 2009 at 8:41 pm

Man you always have me dying with laughter! I loved this post from the ICLW list… http://davehingsburger.blogspot.com/2009/08/change-is-due.html A new favorite, no IF blog for me!

16. Wishing4One on August 23, 2009 at 8:41 pm

I meant non-IF blog , but you probably got that…

17. Neil on August 23, 2009 at 11:53 pm

If there’s anything worse than getting sick in the winter, it is getting sick in August. Take care of yourself. Don’t sit by the air-conditioning.

18. Baby Smiling In Back Seat on August 24, 2009 at 3:29 am

Just a few days ago I was talking about the plural of cervix with Carrie from Tubeless in Seattle (http://tubelessinseattle.blogspot.com/), because my cervix and her cervix like to email back and forth to discuss the mischief they’re causing both of us. (Yes, really.)
    I told her that I prefer cervices over cervixes, but instead of crevices, cervices reminds me of services.
    As in, our cervices have done us disservices by shortening, but our cervices have done us services by staying closed and not-too-short, at least for now.
    Happy ICLW! Feel better!

19. Lisa RM on August 24, 2009 at 1:28 pm

Hope you’re feeling better sooon!

20. becoming whole on August 24, 2009 at 10:02 pm

Yuck! So sorry you feel bad…Just read me 😉 lol
    I will try to send you a gift of a blog to read tomorrow when I have more time and a better internet connection. Meanwhile, you can catch up on the antics of everyone’s favorite ratba$tard. 🙂
    Refuah Shlemah (full recovery) & much love

21. Jen on August 25, 2009 at 12:05 am

I am a sucker for anything involving badass so you got me with the Harriet Tubman rocketship!
    Jen **ICLW**