Up and at 'em

6:30 am

Kaelyn (the 12-days-away-from-four year old): Good morning, Mommy!

Me (ridiculously chipper because it's Friday): Good morning, Sunshine!

Kaelyn: Nooo…it's still dark outside, so it's, "Good morning, moonshine."

Me: Well, usually I don't drink in the mornings or on workdays, but if you've been distilling liquor in your bedroom at night, I'd love to have some of it instead of my usual mug of tea.

Coffee? Loud music? A brisk run? What gets you going in the morning (or at night, if you're half-vampire like Heather)?

1. Becoming Whole on September 18, 2009 at 7:42 pm

Like I said elsewhere, it’s five o’clock somewhere! 😉
    What gets me up in the morning is Miss Doggy’s bladder, generally, as mine will allow me to get up and go back to bed, but her’s requires a romp outdoors.

2. jenn on September 18, 2009 at 8:03 pm

Love it!
    I am only half human until I have my one & only cup of coffee- right after nursing pumpkin. So I guess technically she is what gets me up.

3. Jen on September 18, 2009 at 8:15 pm

Well what initially gets me out of bed is usually my boys, poking me in the side, saying “Mommy wake up! It’s 8-0-0!”
    And then what REALLY wakes me up is coffffffeeee.
    Surprisingly, I have the most energy on Mondays…so thats when I do all my housework, with banging loud techno music blaring. 🙂

4. GeekByMarriage on September 18, 2009 at 8:22 pm

I could just eat that little muppet up!
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA Oh no you didn’t just out me as a vampire! That was a secret!!! Horribly, what gets me up in the morning is craving a nasty cigarette.

5. Sunny on September 18, 2009 at 10:42 pm

My shower. I am a zombie until I take one, which is why I try to get up before the munchkin to sneak in a shower first. I take very LONG, very HOT showers. Hmmmm… just talking about it makes me want another one.
    But moonshine would work, too. 😉

6. a on September 18, 2009 at 10:50 pm

I wake up instantly with the alarm, sadly. That really sucks big time when I forget to turn it off on the weekend!
    Ah moonshine…so cute!

7. Moxie on September 19, 2009 at 7:57 am

We use Frank’s cell phone as our alarm and we ALWAYS forget to turn that sucker off on the weekends. That sucker woke me up this morning!

8. Moxie on September 19, 2009 at 8:13 am

I also love long showers, but I usually take mine at night. As much as I’d like to take one to wake up in the morning, I’d rather sleep that extra 15 minutes!

9. Moxie on September 19, 2009 at 8:21 am

I blare the music and clean on Saturdays — but not in the mornings. 🙂 On the weekend mornings, Kaelyn is the one waking me up with a VERY loud “GOOD MOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRNIIIIIIIIIIIING MOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!”
    Did I mention that she was loud?

10. Moxie on September 19, 2009 at 8:28 am

Awww…I love that image!

11. Kristin on September 19, 2009 at 11:53 am

Coffee, coffee, and lots of coffee after my alarm wakes me up! I like her moonshine comment almost as much as I liked Gabe’s saying “When the sun comes up, it is sunny, and when the moon comes up it is moony.”

12. Beautiful Mess on September 19, 2009 at 7:06 pm

My stupid alarm clock gets my ass out of bed, but by NO means does that mean I’m awake. It’s the COFFEE, the beautiful mug of that black liquid with beautiful Irish cream creamer in it that gets my ass up and moving. Ahhhhh if I could have an affair with my coffee pot, I would!
    *HUGS*

13. GeekByMarriage on September 19, 2009 at 10:13 pm

Doesn’t his phone give the option to only go off on weekdays? If not get a Blackberry! LMAO

14. GeekByMarriage on September 22, 2009 at 1:35 am

Why you stalking my page so late? Go to bed, young lady!

15. nancy on September 22, 2009 at 1:12 pm

You fucking make me laugh my ass off.
    And hey, I have something for you (soon). Can I get your address? (nleisher@yahoo.com)