B is for Bullets…

… and not just the kind you you use to shoot people. As I'm low on time and high on info, here's a classic drive-by post:

• Kyra, my dear, sweet, budding writer of an 8-year old, whose once before had a narrative posted here, has decided to start her own blog. This has now been bumped to Step One in my quest for world domination. I realized that by starting so early, I could groom her to reach Doocelike proportions by the time she's 18 and then Frank and I will be very rich, indeed. You certainly don't have to, but should you feel so inclined, please stop over to Kyra's Writing Boutique and leave a comment on her introductory entry. She would be tickled pink. (If you are some freaky Internet perv, please know this – her blog is set up through my Google account and all comments come through me first. I may not have achieved world domination yet, but please be assured that that won't stop me from tracking you down and beating the sorry shit out of your candy ass if you even think of trying to cyber-molest my little girl via her blog. Seriously. I will go skraight ghetto and fux you up.)
  • Slowly, but surely, things are moving ahead with the next surrogacy journey. I'll have a lot more to say about my current match (love her!) in the coming days. We probably won't get to cycle until early Spring, but last week my IPs (intended parents) had their phone consult with Dr. Sleepy's colleague so the ball is definitely rolling.
  • WINNER! Last week I offered a free dozen cookies to the first person who correctly answered my allusion to Chicago's musical number "He Had It Comin'" and listed three pet peeves. The first person to answer the allusion lives in South Africa (Hi, Rose!) and is unfortunately out of the shipping range, so I considered the winner to be the first person who still mentioned the song (even though Rose had already done so) and listed her peeves. So, Baby Making Journey, you win! Email me for instructions on how to place your order!
  • Glee – is anyone watching? What do you think of THE storyline? You know the one I'm talking about. Let's discuss it.
  • What's the weather like where you are? Are the leaves changing colors yet? These are serious questions here. Where I am in the Dirty South, we don't have Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter. We have Warm & Rainy, Hot, Hot as Hell, and Christmas. The leaves might fall off somewhere around November, but they sure as shizzle don't change colors much. I am craving a true Autumn in a bad way – crisp, cool air and a blaze of fiery-hued foliage are what I want. I haven't had that in more than 20 years.
  • Has anyone read (or is planning to read) the new Dan Brown book "The Lost Symbol?" I read it on Monday (school freakin' furlough day, so I was home – UNPAID, grrr).

Speaking of cookies: You addicts can get your fix again! Until we decide the best way for us to move forward BIG TIME the way we want to, I'm going to take orders via email only (and not through Etsy or the new Website). All of the information you need is available on this download: Download Big Ones. Check out the new varieties and prices, and if you'd like to put your hands on Frank's Big Ones (heh!), follow the directions provided in the download! You know you want some.

I keep thinking that SOON the school year will slow down, but it just hasn't happened yet. I have some extra work-related stuff on my plate this year which requires a lot of extra planning time at home. My blogging — especially the commenting aspect –it does suffer. Sniff. For the love of cheese – it took me 12 hours just to write this one lousy post! I will be back to making the rounds soon. I promise.

Bringing it around town so that I can do some commenting tonight:
Blog – read Kyra's
Surrogacy – soon!
Winnner – Babymakingjourney!
Glee – let's talk about it
Weather – I can haz some purty colerz in mah treez, pleeze? You haz got em?
Book – I read one (this is a huge accomplishment considering the lack of time)
Blog again – making an effort to comment more
Cookies – you can order now

This must be the lamest post I've ever written here. Or maybe not, since I'm bringing back more cookies than Timberlake has sexy.

1. Jendeis on October 7, 2009 at 8:47 pm

I just ignore THE storyline and squee about everything else.
    Glad that you and yours are still alive and OK. 🙂

2. GeekByMarriage on October 7, 2009 at 9:15 pm

Yay! You’s is back!!!
    Our leaves don’t change neither does the temp.
    If anyone sends money via PayPal for cookies remember to hit the personal tab and put gift or something so Moxie doesn’t get charged over $1 in fees!!

3. quiet dreams on October 7, 2009 at 9:30 pm

I am about to jump on the Glee bandwagon, so maybe I will be able to discuss, after I catch up on Hulu (no TV…there’s one in the house, but it’s broken…housemate has one in her room, but I’m not watching that one…ANYWAY!).
    Glad to hear from you again. I’ll take my Moxie anyway I can get her…bullets or not. 🙂

4. Alexicographer on October 7, 2009 at 9:37 pm

Could you run to the mountains for a weekend to catch the leaves? I know with the crew you’ve got that would be a project, but … worth it?

5. a on October 7, 2009 at 9:52 pm

Our sassafrass trees (aka weeds) are turning red. Our maple leaves are turning brown and crumpling up. For the last two weeks, I’ve been mowing some downed leaves. I’m still waiting on the golds and oranges to get kicking!

6. Io on October 7, 2009 at 10:26 pm

It’s starting to turn here. I have a short drive to work but I go along the park on a twisty road with tree overhangs and it’s gorgeous.
    I will take your cookies over Justin’s sexy any day.

7. Kristin on October 8, 2009 at 12:11 am

We still aren’t having fully fall weather but it is close. I haven’t had to turn on my air conditioner in over a week. It is glorious.

8. BabyMakingJourney on October 8, 2009 at 4:22 am

OMG OMG OMG OMG. I am so effin’ excited!! WOOO HOOOOO! I get some BIG ONES!!!! LOL!
    Okay, so much to comment on- first of all- if you daughter is ANYTHING like you, her blog is gonna rock. Go ahead and get it trademarked girl!!
    I am fresh off of $2 ladies night drinks, so I have insomnia.
    It is effin’ HOT as hades here. Hot and muggy, and muggy and hot. I think we break out the sweatshirts in February…I am sick of this shit. I wore capris tonight and almost had heat exhaustion. Maybe I am a wimp! 🙂
    Okay, I am still just so excited I won. I can’t believe it. Since I am not in boot camp anymore I am going to eat every last one of the cookies if it kills me. 🙂
    I am not watching Glee…I am already TiVO-ing three shows a night. I can’t do anymore. Maybe I will watch it next summer on hulu. 🙂
    okay. the website I can haz cheezeburger is one of my favorites. Seriously…that and failblog..and picture is unrelated…and hawtness….I could go on and on, but other may get ticked at my useage of valuable comment space. 🙂
    XOXO

9. BabyMakingJourney on October 8, 2009 at 4:24 am

ps, I am L.or.za, but am trying to remember to change my name….my ILs know as Lo.r.za….and I think my MIL googled me.
    I vent about said MIL/FIL in blog…hence trying to remember to change to BMJ(babymakingjourney) on comments. 🙂
    ps- I am addicted to typewritten smiley faces.

10. BabyMakingJourney on October 8, 2009 at 4:26 am

um, and DUH- can’t wait to hear more about your surrr-o-gacy. You just rock.

11. Shelli on October 8, 2009 at 8:43 am

Glee: Freaky fun. Love the singing, the storyline slightly dark… but I like it.
    Fall: ooooh, it’s gettin’ chilly up here in Joisey. Trees are on the verge of starting to change. I am planning a Fall themed post soon (for Calliope, but anyone who loves the season).
    Surrogate: Can’t wait to hear the details!
    Last note: I miss your regular posts. I am in serious need of laughs, and you always deliver! Heh.

12. leanne on October 8, 2009 at 12:07 pm

Glad you are back. I don’t comment often, but I’m here. And along for the ride.
    I haz fall. But I also live in WI. Winter will begin any day now. And last until May. Or something like that.
    Very glad to hear the good news about your surrogacy journey. Been wondering where that would take you next.

13. Pam on October 8, 2009 at 5:07 pm

Nice to see you back. 🙂 The weather has definitely gotten cooler here and the leaves are changing. You really should find a way to get your collective backsides up here some time. 🙂 We’ve already determined that we could so hang together. 🙂

14. Carrie Holmquist on October 8, 2009 at 8:17 pm

Get that business going so you all can be rich.
    Missing fall, move with us 😉 All 4 seasons, all 4!
    Going to check out Kyra’s new blog. So excited for her!

15. jenn on October 9, 2009 at 10:21 am

Congrats to miss Kyra- my next stop is to check her blog out & start the meteoric rise that ultimately leads to financial independence for the whole clan! ;o)
    I am watching Glee- about one day behind schedule since I watch on hulu while she naps. I am slightly disappointed in the exploitation of THE storyline- but still curious to see how it plays out. I hate how the wife is being portrayed at the moment- but there were little glimpses of humanity there that I really enjoyed & made me smile in recognition.

16. GeekByMarriage on October 9, 2009 at 2:17 pm

Omg I got my cookies!!!! The Vampire Bite karate chopped the back of my throat…in a good way! YUMMMMMMMMMMM

17. Rita/Fighting Off Frumpy on October 13, 2009 at 7:34 pm

Hi! I found your blog through Baby Makin(g) Machine and had to pop on over and see what you had to say. You sound so much like me … my husband and I tried for five years, through Clomid and Gonal-F and ELEVEN IUIs before our first son was born. (And we fell into the dreaded “unexplained infertility” category … ugh.) But I’m happy to say that I just gave birth to our THIRD son last month. 🙂
    I’m so in awe of your gestational surrogacy! I’ve considered egg donation myself …
    Love your blog!