… and not just the kind you you use to shoot people. As I'm low on time and high on info, here's a classic drive-by post:
- Kyra, my dear, sweet, budding writer of an 8-year old, whose once before had a narrative posted here, has decided to start her own blog. This has now been bumped to Step One in my quest for world domination. I realized that by starting so early, I could groom her to reach Doocelike proportions by the time she's 18 and then Frank and I will be very rich, indeed. You certainly don't have to, but should you feel so inclined, please stop over to Kyra's Writing Boutique and leave a comment on her introductory entry. She would be tickled pink. (If you are some freaky Internet perv, please know this – her blog is set up through my Google account and all comments come through me first. I may not have achieved world domination yet, but please be assured that that won't stop me from tracking you down and beating the sorry shit out of your candy ass if you even think of trying to cyber-molest my little girl via her blog. Seriously. I will go skraight ghetto and fux you up.)
- Slowly, but surely, things are moving ahead with the next surrogacy journey. I'll have a lot more to say about my current match (love her!) in the coming days. We probably won't get to cycle until early Spring, but last week my IPs (intended parents) had their phone consult with Dr. Sleepy's colleague so the ball is definitely rolling.
- WINNER! Last week I offered a free dozen cookies to the first person who correctly answered my allusion to Chicago's musical number "He Had It Comin'" and listed three pet peeves. The first person to answer the allusion lives in South Africa (Hi, Rose!) and is unfortunately out of the shipping range, so I considered the winner to be the first person who still mentioned the song (even though Rose had already done so) and listed her peeves. So, Baby Making Journey, you win! Email me for instructions on how to place your order!
- Glee – is anyone watching? What do you think of THE storyline? You know the one I'm talking about. Let's discuss it.
- What's the weather like where you are? Are the leaves changing colors yet? These are serious questions here. Where I am in the Dirty South, we don't have Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter. We have Warm & Rainy, Hot, Hot as Hell, and Christmas. The leaves might fall off somewhere around November, but they sure as shizzle don't change colors much. I am craving a true Autumn in a bad way – crisp, cool air and a blaze of fiery-hued foliage are what I want. I haven't had that in more than 20 years.
- Has anyone read (or is planning to read) the new Dan Brown book "The Lost Symbol?" I read it on Monday (school freakin' furlough day, so I was home – UNPAID, grrr).
Speaking of cookies: You addicts can get your fix again! Until we decide the best way for us to move forward BIG TIME the way we want to, I'm going to take orders via email only (and not through Etsy or the new Website). All of the information you need is available on this download: Download Big Ones. Check out the new varieties and prices, and if you'd like to put your hands on Frank's Big Ones (heh!), follow the directions provided in the download! You know you want some.
I keep thinking that SOON the school year will slow down, but it just hasn't happened yet. I have some extra work-related stuff on my plate this year which requires a lot of extra planning time at home. My blogging — especially the commenting aspect –it does suffer. Sniff. For the love of cheese – it took me 12 hours just to write this one lousy post! I will be back to making the rounds soon. I promise.
Bringing it around town so that I can do some commenting tonight:
Blog – read Kyra's
Surrogacy – soon!
Winnner – Babymakingjourney!
Glee – let's talk about it
Weather – I can haz some purty colerz in mah treez, pleeze? You haz got em?
Book – I read one (this is a huge accomplishment considering the lack of time)
Blog again – making an effort to comment more
Cookies – you can order now
This must be the lamest post I've ever written here. Or maybe not, since I'm bringing back more cookies than Timberlake has sexy.