Tonight

I know, I know. I write a brilliant post with promises of more to come and then just drop off the face of the planet. What I've found is that now that the cork on my writer's block has been popped, it seems like there is SO MUCH that needs to come out that I'm inundated with ideas and thoughts. Everything wants to come out NOW, but I've had little time to give my writing the attention that it needs. Thankfully, Saturday is the start of my 9-day long Thanksgiving Break and I'll have plenty of time to devote to writing. Expect lots of thought-provoking posts here over the next week.

I haven't had time to write here at Casa de la Smart One, but I was asked by a dear friend in surrogacy to write a guest post at her blog, Half of a Duo Raising a Duo. Tammi is one of the kindest, most giving souls that I know. I had the pleasure of following her journey to motherhood via traditional surrogacy, which is when the surrogate conceives via artificial insemination of the intended father's (or a donor's) sperm. Tammi was incredibly lucky in that her surrogate conceived not one, but two babies. Multiples via gestational surrogacy (IVF) are common, but it is a rarity and special thing indeed when it occurs with traditional surrogacy. Tammi now has darling twin boys who are a bit more than a year and a half old. Please click over to read my post Thankful and leave a little comment love to Tammi.

I'm also working on another guest post for a different blog. I'll let you know when that one goes live.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight Frank, my sister Dani, and I are going to the midnight premiere of New Moon. I mean like, OHMYGOSH, I am such a sixteen year old that know I'm going to scream and squeal when the heat builds with Jacob (14-year age difference be damned). We're planning on arriving at the theater early at 10 with our lawn chairs in the hopes of scoring good seats. I'm going to be to' up from the flo' up tomorrow here at work.

How has your week been?

1. Carrie on November 19, 2009 at 10:38 am

I know the movie is going to be great. You have to promise to not share one. single. detail.

2. cheryllookingforward on November 19, 2009 at 11:25 am

I’m so jealous you get to see the movie tonight. I can’t wait to hear what you think. But I’m going to avoid you until I see it. I hope you understand.

3. Jen on November 19, 2009 at 11:33 am

Oh Moxie, my kindred spirit…I will be at the midnight showing as well…just a timezone behind you! 😉
    And to make matters worse, the friends I’m going with are dressing up as Bella and Alice. So that leaves me with Rosalie. Will I do it? Stay tuned! LOL

4. Moxie on November 19, 2009 at 12:14 pm

Not to worry, Cheryl! I won’t divulge any specific details here!

5. Moxie on November 19, 2009 at 12:15 pm

I’ll hold tight until Sunday when we can see it together!

6. GeekByMarriage on November 19, 2009 at 12:19 pm

I’m just not cool enough to get it, I guess.
    Have fun, my love!

7. Half of a Duo, Raising a Duo on November 19, 2009 at 12:34 pm

Thanks for linking your post to mine. I also linked Frank’s Big Ones (I’m all about marketing… lol!)
    What a phenomenal entry and I am honored you wrote for me. I also had to knock out two guest blog posts!
    Thanks so much honey. I means a lot to me.
    Hugs… Tam

8. chicklet on November 19, 2009 at 1:42 pm

Team Jacob? Ack!
    Not that he doesn’t look DAMN HOT with his shirt off though…

9. Half of a Duo, Raising a Duo on November 19, 2009 at 1:44 pm

Oh I forgot to say: Moxie+Jacob= COUGAR!
    The girls texted me and told me that they are going tonight. They wished that I could go too… with them.
    Now a 15 and 16 year old wanting the old 48 year old 2nd momma to drive to VA and hang with them… sweeeeeettttt!

10. Kristin on November 19, 2009 at 1:45 pm

Have fun. I have to be honest and admit I still don’t get all the fuss over Twilight. I wasn’t that impressed with the first book (especially the writing) and haven’t bothered to read the subsequent books.

11. Moxie on November 19, 2009 at 1:51 pm

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Team Edward. *swoon*

12. Moxie on November 19, 2009 at 1:52 pm

Rrrrawrrr! 🙂
    Your girls love you so much, Tammi! You’re such a hero in their eyes (and in mine, too!).

13. Moxie on November 19, 2009 at 1:53 pm

Well, I guess there had to be *something* that we didn’t have in common, eh, Kristin? Well, there’s always Deathly Hallows to look forward to, right? 🙂

14. Moxie on November 19, 2009 at 1:54 pm

Definitely cool enough. Kristin is in the “I’m cool but Twiwhatever camp.” 🙂

15. Moxie on November 19, 2009 at 1:54 pm

Jen, if you do decide to go as Rosalie, you MUST take pictures!

16. Quiet Dreams on November 19, 2009 at 3:19 pm

I’m trying to hold off on the apparently-crack-like Twilight for as long as possible…or at least when I have a long vacation when I can submerse myself into that world.
    Trying…to…be…strong…

17. Jo on November 19, 2009 at 6:28 pm

I’m going! I’m going! I’ll think of you tomorrow as I’m sleeping in, having secured a sub weeks in advance. 😀

18. Sheri on November 19, 2009 at 8:46 pm

I just read and watched Twilight on DVD. I am in the middle of New Moon and will go see the movie after I’ve finished the book.
    Have fun tonight!

19. coffeegrl on November 21, 2009 at 3:59 pm

This week has been going great. How could it not? I’m ensconced in the loving home of my parents with my adorable husband and child, getting ready to gorge myself on turkey in another week (I mean I’ve got two years’ worth of turkey to eat since I didn’t have ANY last year!!). *sigh* Life is really good. Can’t wait to hear more from you soon. Enjoy your vacation!