Expectations

My friends, I come to you with a confession. Frank is pregnant.

He's 30 weeks along, we're expecting a boy, and we're going to name him something that starts with J and ends with N. Maybe Jayson. It fits in nicely with Jaiden and Jordan.

Frank is huge. I didn't want to say anything to anyone about it until after it seemed like maybe he was far enough along that the statistics leaned more in our favor than against our favor.

I thought I'd break the news to you before you heard about it on every news media outlet known to man. Frank is the first  born-a-man man to carry a baby. In essence, he is the gestational surrogate to our own child. We were given clearance to share the news with you. Expect to see it on the news by tonight.

The procedure to get him pregnant was tricky, but soon, MA-IVF (Mid-Abdominal IVF) will be as common as traditional IVF. Just think of all the implications!

Let me tell you – Frank has truly learned that pregnancy is tough. Not that he ever doubted it before, as he's always been such a good support to me through my pregnancies. But man – you should have seen him doubled over the toilet with first (and as he learned, also second) trimester morning sickness. A small part of me snickered inside knowing that he was feeling what I had. And now, I can't help but snicker all in his face on the outside to see him waddling about with his hands pressed into the exaggerated arch of his back. He's gained 25 pounds so far and will surely gain 10 more before his c-section in another 7 weeks. He's cute.

::::::

the TV blares on with its 6:15 a.m. start timer

I woke up this morning somewhere between befuddled, bemused, and befurious (I totally just made that word up).

What did YOU dream about last night? OR What's the weirdest thing you've ever dreamed of?

1. Baby On Mind on January 20, 2010 at 4:01 pm

Congrats! It’s about time men took some responsibility for pro-creation! JK! LOL!
    My weirdest dream, I dreamt that I had a baby (don’t know if it was a girl or boy) but somehow managed to kill it after a couple of weeks because I forgot to feed the baby! Can you imagine??
    Of course this coming from someone with a black thumb. I’ve killed every single indoor house plant I have ever had (there’s one more still hanging on, but it’s not looking good).

2. kimbosue on January 20, 2010 at 4:50 pm

YAY – you can be the baby mama!
    When I was pregnant, I dreamt that I suffocated my baby to death while breastfeeding. This of course was during the time my DD’s had gone to G’s…

3. GeekByMarriage on January 20, 2010 at 4:53 pm

OMG I love it!
    This totally beat the dream I had about being preg with twins, me delivering one at home while you went to the hospital to give birth to the other one. It was a team effort!

4. jill on January 20, 2010 at 5:06 pm

You totally got me. I’m sure my eyes were HUGE reading this post as fast as possible. “WTF??????” was my only thought I’m pretty sure.

5. JC on January 20, 2010 at 7:08 pm

OMG!!! I second Jill’s reaction, totally OMG WTF through the whole thing!!!

6. Lavender Luz on January 20, 2010 at 7:37 pm

LOL! The prospect of seeing Frank in a dress has us ALL dreaming!

7. Bionic Brooklynite on January 20, 2010 at 7:48 pm

i had one of those OMG-I-suddenly-have-a-penis dreams the other night, only instead of being fun and/or confusing, the way they’ve been in the past, this one was way to TTC inflected. all i thought in the dream was, “great. just one MORE thing i’m going to have to explain to every doctor, nurse, med student, and zebra fish embryologist staring up my crotch.”

8. a on January 20, 2010 at 10:00 pm

I was so annoyed the other day when I woke up from my dream just when I was about to find out what horrible thing I was supposed to have done. I can’t remember the circumstances, but I think it was like an interview situation (job? police? I don’t know), and they were just about to come back and tell me. I wasn’t worried, just curious and mildly irritated. Mildly irritated became annoyed (or maybe befurious!) when my alarm went off before I found out. It was like reading a book, getting halfway through, and having it taken away!
    My most memorable dream was when I was pregnant for the first time (I lost the baby, so the dream was a bit of foreshadowing). My best friend was pregnant at the same time – about 6 weeks ahead of me. My friend and I and our husbands were in Babies R Us, and we were registering for stuff, when all of a sudden, all the shelving units began falling. One of them fell on me. I was trapped, but no one else was hurt.
    Poor Frank, one humiliation scheduled after another…can’t wait to see the dress thing – how much more money is needed?

9. Sunny on January 21, 2010 at 12:12 am

TOO FUNNY! I would love my hubby to see what it’s like to be pregnant, but then again, I kinda like that it’s something only I can do in our relationship. 🙂
    I had a dream a couple of nights ago that I was a drug dealer. I hung out with my drug dealer friends. (For the record, I have never even so much as smoked a cigarette in my entire life.)

10. Quiet Dreams on January 21, 2010 at 5:45 pm

That dream sounds fantastic.
    Once I was dreaming about a big scary dog that was in the bedroom and I asked Mr. X in my dream if I could turn on the light. In my dream he said yes, so I turned on the light in real life. Suddenly, no dog, but I did have a pissed-off husband. Heh.
    I’m lovin’ the new layout. Gorgeous.

11. Kristin on January 21, 2010 at 11:47 pm

Bwahahahahahahaha

12. coffeegrl on January 22, 2010 at 8:03 pm

Total confusion ensues…Very funny!
    I dream about all kinds of weird action-hero, sci-fi stuff all the time. My husband is always jealous. But the weirdest dream I think I ever truly had was also the scariest. My grandmother, (deceased at the time) was running around the streets with these weird zombie-like eyes and then she came back from the dead in a casket and I was standing right next to it and she wanted to hurt me. I was maybe 7 years old and it was just the creepiest, weirdest thing ever.