Casting Call

I had an moment of coolness last week when I was contacted by a casting director – we'll just call her "J"- from High Noon Entertainment, oh, they of such small-screen goodness like Cake Boss, House Hunters, and Food Network's Challenge. They're developing a pilot series in which they will "…tell honest and compelling first-person
stories that will enlighten people to the changing face of parenthood,
to debunk the taboos and myths of alternative routes to parenthood" [specifically surrogacy and adoption]. J seemed intrigued by my surrogate-after-subfertility story and wanted to know if I'd be interested in speaking with her about possibly being cast. We spoke on the phone the next day. J asked insightful and responsive questions. Unfortunately, they would want to follow the entire parallel journey between me an my almost-probably-IPs, and when I asked, my almost-probably-IPs* didn't feel comfortable being that wide open about our almost-probably journey together (which, I  completely understand and respect because having America all up in your ladybiz is nothing to take lightly). Following from just my side of things doesn't seem to be of interest to High Noon (bummer, High Noon – do you KNOW how much of The Awesome I am?), but I'm still very interested in trying to help get this pilot off the ground.

I promised J that I would post her blurb in effort to get the word out to a wider audience (and do whatever else I could to help). Who better to ask than our cozy little ALI community? J states:

High Noon Entertainment is teaming up with a major cable network to
produce a documentary series about the real life joy, laughter and
heartache American families and mothers experience from every side of
the adoption and surrogacy process.

If you’re in the middle of your own real-life adoption or surrogacy
story, High Noon would like to hear from you. It is looking for "dynamic
people from all walks of life who have a current, compelling story
focused on the adoption or surrogacy process."

Whether you’re the married couple who’ve tried for years to have a
child and are now looking into alternate options… the professional
single woman who’s decided that she’s waited long enough to be a mother…
the gay couple on a quest to find an open adoption or a surrogate… the
woman who has decided to become a surrogate for a family member or
friend… or the pregnant woman considering an open adoption… we want to
hear YOUR story!

Interested and qualified people are invited to send a one- or two-
paragraph summary and a digital photo of the person or people whose
story is being told to adoptioncasting@highnoontv.com

If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please reply. You can also send them an email letting them know how much I'd boost network ratings.

Just kidding.

Maybe.

*Yes, I almost-probably have IPs. Are you still burning chicken feathers for me?

1. Carrie Holmquist on June 23, 2010 at 10:34 pm

Cough, cough…it’s waaaay past Monday.

2. JessPond on June 23, 2010 at 11:07 pm

Bum bum bummer, I would so love to do something like this. But we are way way past the interesting point! LOL
    Gratz on the probably-match. I may have read something about it in comments on another blog…have been waiting to hear more! HINT HINT!

3. Kristin on June 24, 2010 at 8:39 am

Oh honey, I’ve moved beyond burning chicken feathers. Sadly, I haven’t been able to do my naked rain dance because we haven’t had enough rain for it.

4. Shelli on June 24, 2010 at 9:45 am

If you follow my facebook stream, you’ll see photographic evidence that I did some burning over the weekend, and it may or may have involved chicken feathers for you AND me.
    I have my own semi-might-be-big news too. And, no I am not pregnant. But hubs and I ARE on a new journey. And hopefully someone else WILL be soon.
    When are you going to spill??

5. Carla Lewis-Long on June 24, 2010 at 11:19 am

Thanks for sharing. Even though your IP’s didn’t want to do this, you must feel somewhat honored that they chased after you for this show. Very cool.

6. Jendeis on June 24, 2010 at 12:07 pm

So cool. You guys would have been wonderful on the show.

7. Jay on June 24, 2010 at 12:59 pm

By any chance, did they say which major cable network they were partnering with to make this show?

8. Sheri on June 24, 2010 at 1:11 pm

I think I read about this in Lori / Lavender Luz’s Open Adoption Examiner post. It sounds like a fascinating project.
    Good for you for helping them get the word out.
    I’m sure you would be totally AWESOME and boost their ratings. You’ve got my vote!

9. sara on June 24, 2010 at 1:57 pm

You guys would have been awesome on that show – but how cool to find out about it none the less. Thanks for passing this on!

10. Ashlee on June 24, 2010 at 8:55 pm

So neat! Hopefully the show will take off. It would be great to watch something thats real.
    Ashlee, ICLW #180

11. marisa on June 26, 2010 at 5:39 pm

Wow – it sounds like it will be a great show. I hope to see it on TV!

12. Christy on June 27, 2010 at 7:09 am

What a neat show! Hopefully it enlightens people!

13. Waiting Lisa on June 28, 2010 at 10:22 am

Congratulations on being contacted. Sounds very interesting! I hope it becomes a real television show.

14. Wishing4One on June 28, 2010 at 1:14 pm

Oh you know I am so emailing them about how your being a cast member would send them into ratings they never thought possible! I stopped by after reading your comment, and I just want to say I feel like I know you and know for sure in real life we would be two ladies gettin in tons of trouble, good trouble yo. I appreciate you, love ya and so glad we “know” each other. xoxoxo

15. Erica on June 29, 2010 at 8:21 am

What a big deal you are. I can send an email about how great you are and would be for them

16. Half of a Duo, Raising a Duo on July 1, 2010 at 7:31 am

Darn. Well in that case, what about you being on a Real Housewives. OMG! You and the kids and hottie Frank could fill up a total episode yourselves and be a ratings winner.

17. Sara on July 2, 2010 at 5:47 am

Just saw this. Can you smell the great heaps of chicken feathers that I’m burning for you?
    Oh, and you would have kicked ass in that documentary. Silly High Noon for not adequately appreciating the awesomeness.

18. Alana-isms on July 2, 2010 at 10:44 am

How super cool! You would be AWESOME for this show, with or without featuring the IPs.
    Hope your summer is off to a good start! 🙂

19. K on July 3, 2010 at 7:19 am

Sounds amazing! As always you are an inspiration!

20. goji berries on July 4, 2010 at 8:02 am

It really sounds amazing.Well explained.Ireally liked it a lot.

21. sara on July 15, 2010 at 4:16 pm