ICLW Intro ~ Report Card

Report card

This intro is mostly for the benefit of the people who don't know me. Once upon a time, I used to be fairly fabulous in this community (if I do say so myself). People knew me and I had a damn fine story to tell. It had shiny unicorn skittle fart times but overall it sucked mucho grande, yet the Pollyanna in me still feels glitter rainbows about what I at least tried to do. After a foggy 8-month long hiatus, I'm now puttering around in this space trying to figure out what to do with myself now that I'm a retired gestational surrogate semi-loser. It's time for me to reconnect to my old friends and get acquainted with new ones. Whassup?

To kick the convo off: if you had to grade your life – either in part or in whole, seriously or in jest – what grade would you give it?

1. jes g on May 21, 2011 at 11:25 pm

stopped by from iclw….. wishing you the best for a fun filled slumber party…. hopefully the kids have a blast and you don’t have any drama!
    loved yor report card
    jes g

2. anymommy on May 21, 2011 at 11:28 pm

I’d give my life an “A” overall, but I get a “C” at best in Patience and a “D” in carrying to term. xo.

3. Miss W on May 22, 2011 at 12:15 am

I’d still give you an A+ whether that course was dropped or not.
    I haven’t completed my semester yet so… I’ll have to get back to you on my grades.

4. Lori Lavender Luz on May 22, 2011 at 12:45 am

LOVE THIS! You are so full of the awesomeness.
    I guess an A. Overall. Cuz I survived the Rapture.

5. StacieT on May 22, 2011 at 2:20 am

I love this idea! Semi-loser you are not!
    This is a hard one…I am incredibly hard on myself and one mucho overachiever, so I think I might give myself a B-, although I get an A- for effort and determination.

6. Calliope on May 22, 2011 at 8:47 am

I’m so grading you on a curve (or on YOUR curves…heh)
    You are always an A. Always.
    As for grading myself? It’s either pass or fail. And if I fail I will just keep repeating the life lesson until I pass.
    xoxo

7. Tippy on May 22, 2011 at 9:40 am

i like your question about grading my life. i’d give myself a B+. I have a few small regrets, but overall, I’m doing the very best I can. stopping by from ICLW (#8)

8. Michele Scott on May 22, 2011 at 10:49 am

Love the report card! I’m visiting from IComLeavWe. I share the same scores as you in marriage and conceiving. Thankfully, we adopted 🙂 But overall in life I’d give myself a B+.

9. lil' dreamer on May 22, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Stopping by from ICLW. Love the report card and your fertility story–it is amazing. You are so strong! An A all the way for you!

10. Kristin on May 22, 2011 at 7:29 pm

If I EVER hear you call yourself a semi-loser in any way, shape, or form, I will have to hold you right behind that unicorn and his sparkly rainbow farts. You are beyond awesome and I expect you to remember that.

11. Kathy on May 22, 2011 at 10:24 pm

Love your report card Moxie! Sooooo creative and entertaining. As for grading my life… That’s an interesting question.
    I definitely get an A for effort, but I certainly have made A LOT of mistakes over the years. I really like what Calliope wrote about repeating life lessons until she passes. That is something I can really embrace, as I often feel like God or the universe keeps trying to teach me the same lessons over and over again, as maybe I don’t seem to always catch on the first few times around… 🙂

12. Deathstar on May 22, 2011 at 10:33 pm

Good grief. I’ve never been a A type person, so I’d have to say B+. I get extra points for always showing up in the face of adversity even though my homework is incomplete.

13. Noelle on May 22, 2011 at 10:36 pm

Stopping by from ICLW. I think I’d give my life an A, just because I’ve mostly enjoyed the ride. This is my 2nd ICLW.

14. Ms. J on May 23, 2011 at 10:40 am

Please tell me how you even made this graphic up?! GAWD, you never cease to amaze me with your humor and grace! Would love to do the same.

15. Corinne on May 23, 2011 at 11:55 am

Great question! Unfortunatly I am feeling down right now so I would give myself a C. 🙁
    Hoping the birthday party goes smashingly well!

16. Barb on May 23, 2011 at 10:40 pm

Very clever and fun as always. 🙂
    I would give most of my life an A+ except for the part about coming from poverty and still scrambling to stay out of it. I like the character it gave me, but I could handle living in comfort for once.

17. Jamie on May 24, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Hello from ICLWland! I love love love your blog title and graphics! I think you’re amazing!
    Right now, I think I’m working on a solid B+.

18. Nikki on May 26, 2011 at 1:03 pm

Here from ICLW –
    I think I have to grade on effort, and in that case, I’m going to go with a B. I’m not doing the best, but I keep trying to do better 🙂

19. coffeegrl on May 27, 2011 at 7:41 am

Wow. I don’t know how I’d grade myself. I feel disgruntled about lots of little things lately. And I’m not satisfied with my career (wait, what career?) and I think I’m too short-tempered with the girls….Eh. right now I’d lean toward B-. That’s not where I want things to be, but with so many parts in transition, I’m not sure it could be anything but that right now. Must ponder this more! Thanks for the food for thought. I’m so happy you’re back!

20. Navigatingcyberloss.wordpress.com on May 27, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Hmmm…
    A for effort, dealing with life experience slips to a C, treat others as you’d like to be treated averages out at a B, so I guess I’m sitting on a B overall, although I’ll get back to you shortly before the end of the semester. 😛
    Stopping by from ICLW.