- Someone recently commented that it seems like it is always peachy-keen harmonious love bubbles between Frank and me and wondered if it is really like this or if I am just full of shit and making it seem like it is. Like any other couple we have our disagreements, but it happens extremely rarely, occurs when one or both of us has momentary PMS, and usually it is over something ridiculously stupid. Today we argued over Gatorade. It lasted all of five minutes and ended with both of us admitting that we had been assholes. 99.2% of all arguments between anyone can be sufficiently squashed when someone can admit to being an ass. The other 0.8% might be remedied by a swift kick to the balls, literal or figurative.
- More terrifying than Sarah Palin is the dentist. Case in point:
So terrified am I of going to the dentist that I shamefully accidentally-on-purpose remember to go for a cleaning and exam only every few years, usually when a sudden toothache has been so painful that the fear of it happening again trumps my fear of
medieval torture devicesdental tools wielded by the sadistic freaks that are dentists. This week at my appointment, on the medical/dental history form, in the line that asked Is there any other condition about which the dentist should know? I wrote in “severe Chickenitis of the Dentist.” Literally – the receptionists had a good laugh over it. Thankfully, despite not having been to the dentist since the summer Baby M was born (the Summer of Baby M, HA!) four years ago, my teeth are in good shape. Still, I have to get one big filling and four very minor ones. I’ve scheduled that appointment for early August.
More alarming and also more immediate is the need to finally have my wisdom teeth taken out. I had my consult with the oral surgeon on Wednesday and the procedure has been scheduled for next Tuesday. I was relieved to hear that I will be knocked out completely for the removal and that I will be sent home with a substantial supply of heavy-duty pain meds. I’ve been told that I will need to pretty much stay in bed and rest for 3-5 days after (no problems with that), but the idea that I will likely be in so much post-operative discomfort that I will need 3-5 days of recovery time scares the shizzle out of me. Then I remind myself once more that I’ve been given permission to be lazy and legally high and I mellow out again. So tell me – is getting your wisdom teeth out as bad as I’m envisioning it to be? Any been there, done that advice to offer?
- Read any good books lately? Do tell. I’ve been indulging in the guilty pleasure of reading the Sookie Stackhouse/TrueBlood series lately and I have also recently read The Help. Does anyone else have a Nook Color and want to be Lend Me buddies? By the way, I’ve had my Nook Color rooted and now it runs like a tablet pc with the full Android Market, and not bullcrap Barnes & Noble market. Let me know if you want to find out how to get up on that.
- Be on the lookout for Sock It To Me Summer 2011 details. When I was in The Void, several people sent emails asking if I would ever host another one. I don’t think I ever realized how much people looked forward to it. If you have no idea what I’m talking about, you can check it out here. And you should read me more often.
- Have you joined the Mastermind Mafia yet? You really should, because you are a bad ass and even if the only caps you ever pop are the ones on your KEYBOARD, you are a gangsta and together we can dominate the world. Or at least the Internet. Okay, fine – maybe at least the first page of a Google search for “mastermind mafia.” Self-centered bonus – it will help your SEO, yo, if you care about that stuff. You’ll get an incoming link when I add you to the Mafia list. We’re the only mafia bad ass enough not to operate underground. Mostly. Deuces, my ninjas.