This is My 66_th Post

Devil: I AM THE DEVIL! This post belongs to ME. It has my mark – the mark of the Beast.

Moxie: LALALALALA I can’t hear you. If I can’t hear you, then you don’t exist.

Devil: YOU HEAR ME, DAMMIT. I AM SAYTON! FEAR ME!

Moxie: Okay, I admit it. I’m scared. I’ve been scared of you and your damned mark ever since I was a kid and saw The Omen. Please, Misterdevilsir, will you let me be?

Devil: You ran from me. You came over here and built up a little sanctuary. But this is THE post. MY post. The one right after 665 and before 667.

Moxie: Um. Get thee behind me, Satan?

Devil: I AM HERE! I will eat your images. I will eat your links! I will chomp on your posts and swallow them whole into my fiery gullet! I will poop the hot lava of your words all over the Internets! Your writing is shitty, anyway.

Moxie: Uh. You have no power over me?

Devil: DO I LOOK LIKE DAVID BOWIE?

Moxie: Okay. Uh…..DOAN COME UP IN MY FACE! I have diet vitamin holy water! And I will throw anti-poltergeist spirit midget footballs at you! RAWWRRR!

Devil: Bitch, please.

::::::::::::::::::::

This really IS my 66_th post. I am OMGSRSLY4REALZ superstitious about this number. I once bought a few random items at a convenience store and it rang up to exactly $6.6_ cents. I crossed myself with one hand and grabbed a pack of gum to add to my stuff with the other (and I’m not even Catholic).

I do love a good horror movie, but it’s the ones that are based in religious, anti-Christ, end of days type stuff which scares me to the point that I can’t sleep for a while. Still, I find myself drawn to watch them, no matter how much they freak me out. I probably have the first two Omens memorized, and though The Prince of Darkness was probably one of the stupidest movies ever, I’ll have nightmares for a week after I watch it (I can’t not watch it).

What about you? Are you superstitious about 66_? I can’t even TYPE it. Are you superstitious about anything else? I also don’t split poles when I’m walking with a group of people. I’m notorious for yelling, “DON’T SPLIT THE POLE!” I don’t need any bad luck, and I surely don’t want to invite it by splitting a pole.

If you leave 66_ in the comments, I will hunt you down and make you watch back-to-back episodes of Caillou.

1. Shelli on September 21, 2011 at 9:16 pm

I’m scared.

Love,
    Gilbert

• JW Moxie on September 22, 2011 at 9:41 am

The diet holy water will protect us.

2. Megan on September 21, 2011 at 11:52 pm

I have a problem with the number 13. I don’t actually believe it is bad luck or anything, but I avoid it pretty persistently. I just can’t seem to not; it’s more like a compulsion than a superstition. For example, we have a barrel of monkeys that has 14 monkeys when all are present and accounted for, but frequently one is missing when we clean up (yes, I always count them). I then have to take the house apart to locate the errant monkey. On the occasion that I can’t find it, I take one of the monkeys out of the barrel and stick it somewhere else (so there are only 12 in there). I won’t even leave the volume level on the TV at 13 even if it is the perfect level, which it often is.

P.S.- Thanks for thinking of me! I’ve got an update post cookin’.

• JW Moxie on September 22, 2011 at 9:42 am

You still owe us the rest of your “how we fell in love” story. 🙂

Can’t wait to get caught back up with you on your blog!

3. Erica on September 22, 2011 at 7:55 am

Nice new digs. I haven’t been reading in awhile. I am doing sockaroo!!!!

• JW Moxie on September 22, 2011 at 9:44 am

Can’t wait to read your Sockeroo post, Erica! I need to get caught back up with you, too! I’ve been following enough to know that you have a baby on the way! How much longer do you have to wait before the adoption is complete and he gets to come home?

4. Terri on September 22, 2011 at 9:22 am

I have a fear (or excitement) of things happening in 3’s – people dying, bad things and good things –
    The number 11 seems to come up in my life quite a bit… was my moms birthday – my 1st daughter born on 12/11 – 2nd daughter born on 2/11 – My son was born on 6/22 – you get it right…

• JW Moxie on September 22, 2011 at 9:48 am

Terri, I’m feeling you on the 11 thing. It’s a lucky number for me, too! We have a lot in common with those dates:

My birthday is on 2/11, my anniversary is on 6/22, and my youngest son’s birthday is on 5/22.

11 is definitely a lucky number for me, too.

5. Brandi on September 22, 2011 at 10:21 am

The number 13. I dislike it worse than the number 6. And I don’t look in a mirror past midnight. There’s just no reason to, and no telling what might happen 🙂

• JW Moxie on September 22, 2011 at 10:45 am

Don’t look in a mirror past midnight? There’s one I’ve never heard before.

About mirrors – you will NEVER catch me playing Bloody Mary or saying Candyman more than once at the same time. NEVER.

6. a on September 22, 2011 at 10:46 am

The last place I lived in Chicago, my phone number (well, I had to change it once, so two of them) started with the forbidden number. I thought it was hilarious…and appropriate. Because I am Catholic. Of course, I wouldn’t think it was funny if someone tattooed me with it.

I don’t like Thursdays. Bad things happen more frequently on Thursdays than on any other day in my life.

• JW Moxie on September 22, 2011 at 11:47 am

I did see someone with that tattoo once. I moved all the way to the other side of the street before he could burn the mark of the beast into my forehead with his eyes.

7. El Cinco's Gran-Gran on September 22, 2011 at 11:27 am

The fear of the number 666 or 6-6-6 is a genuinely recognized condition known as Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia, Poor Moxie.

For the fun of it (you know me) looky what I found:

666 is the sum of the first 36 numbers added together.
    The sum of all numbers on a roulette wheel is
    666 was the original name of the famous Macintosh SevenDust computer virus of1998.
    The bible refers to the number 666 three times, adding each of those numbers up gives the sum 1998; the year of the famous Macintosh SevenDust computer virus.
    The first Apple computer, the Apple I, was priced at $666.66.
    In Kabbalistic Judaism the number 666 represents the creation and perfection of the world.
    In China the number 666 is seen as the luckiest number and is the most popular choice on personalized number plates.
    The Omen 666, a remake of the seventies horror movie The Omen, was released on 06.06.06 globally.
    Taking one of each of the current Japanese coins denominations yields a total of 666 Yen.
    The telephone number of the Canadian supreme court is (or at least was) (613) 996-8666. If you take this number and calculate the numerical root you are left with 666 (60 ⇒ 6 + 0 = 6).
    President Nixon used the telephone number 666-6666 to connect with cosmonauts during the lunar landing of Apollo on 20th July 1969.
    Ronald Reagan owned a Ranch at 666 St. Cloud Road, whilst the three components of his full name each have 6 letters, Ronald Wilson Reagan.
    The Church of Satan in San Francisco has the postal code P.O. 210 666.
    The word curse is used 66 times in the Old Testament and 6 times in the New Testament.
    All of our goods carry 666 on the bar code, and have done since the Seventies. (THIS ONE IS NOT ALL THE WAY TRUE BUT APPARENTLY WHEN THEY FIRST STARTED USING BARCODES IN THE 70’S IT WAS.)
    When using a telephone in Israel to call an overseas number it is first necessary to type the number 666.
    Most taxis and buses in Jerusalem have a license plate number which begins with the numbers 666.
    The logo carried by Windows Software, produced by Microsoft, has three lines of black squares, in other words triple 6!
    The Greek government has several times attempted to insert the letters 666 in numerical nomenclature of the national identity card, resulting in violent protests.

I say, flip that sucker and make it 999. (I know you can’t actually do it BUT stand on your head when you respond to posts.)

The number 999 is the reverse of 666, the number of the Beast of the Revelation (Apocalypse). This arithmetical strangeness demonstrates that the “power” of the Beast, 666, will be “reversed” by 153, characteristic number of the Christ, to give as result 999, symbol of the application of the divine justice. Thus Satan will be chained for 1000 years, 999 + 1.

ALSO: First off, the Latin word for nine is novem which shares its root with novus, meaning ‘new’ and this kicks off our initial understanding of the meaning of nines.

Singularly, number nine conveys fresh, new beginnings because it stands on the precipice of completion. Nine is the sum of all the numbers that have preceded it. Meaning, nine is a vessel for all the numbers that have appeared before it – so it contains energy of 1,2,3, 4, and so on.

And then, in its fullness, Nine stands boldly in a brave new position before it converts its energy into the completion of number 10.

So we have a culmination – a fullness in number nine meaning that speaks to us about preparedness on our journey to the next phase of evolution and completion.

Nines also convey a message of happy returns because all numbers multiplied by nine always reduce back to nine. For example: 852 x 9 = 7668. Now we reduce that sum: 7 + 6 + 6 + 8 = 27. Reduced again: 2 + 7 = NINE! Try it yourself. Multiply any number by nine and reduce it as shown in this example, and you will always come back to number nine. In so doing, you can see how this conveys symbolism of returning back to the source.

To summarize, the symbolic meaning of nine deals with:
    • Beginnings
    • Fullness
    • Completion
    • Satisfaction
    • Next Phase of Evolution
    • Happy Returns (a return to the Source)

With all the being said… do I fear 666? Nahhhh… I got a handful of blue marbles at the Tropical Fish Store check-out when my bill (without the marbles) totaled $6.66 because they were pretty. *fingers crossed behind her back*

• JW Moxie on September 22, 2011 at 11:45 am

You’re not my favorite person right now, Lady. Neither is Google. Keep that up, and it will be Shady Acres for you.

• El Cinco's Gran-Gran on September 22, 2011 at 12:30 pm

It wasn’t all Google. Some of this stuff I knew already.

Whaaaaaaat???? Shady Acres????? I’m just trying to edumacate the masses.

This is the fun I can have while taking a loooong break from work.

• JW Moxie on September 22, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Don’t act all sweet and innocent. Torturing your firstborn is your idea of fun? SHADY ACRES.

8. john cave osborne on September 22, 2011 at 12:20 pm

i’m just a kid who’s four. each day i grow some more. i love exploring. i’m

THE FUCKING DEVIL.

666, bitches.

• JW Moxie on September 22, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Go straight to hell, Satan. Doan come up in mah face!

9. leanne on September 22, 2011 at 2:07 pm

Bad things do happen in 3s.

I think of 7 as a lucky number. My daughter was born on 7/7 and weighed 7 lb. 7 oz. Though she was born in ’08. (on a sidenote to the number 7, the elevators in my building do not stop on the 7th floor. But they do stop at the 13th floor. I thought that so odd until someone explained that the boiler room is on the 7th floor.)

And yay for more drawings!

• JW Moxie on September 22, 2011 at 6:23 pm

Seven and eleven are the only odd numbers that feel right to me. Other odd numbers feel clunky, boxy, and sharp. 7 and 11, however, feel more rounded and flowy.

I know. I’m weird.

10. niobe on September 22, 2011 at 2:07 pm

You know how credit cards have one of those whatchamacallit three digit number confirmation codes on the back?

Guess what mine is.

• JW Moxie on September 22, 2011 at 6:22 pm

You’re a good one, niobe, because I would have sent that summunabitch back and asked for a new one.

11. Keiko on September 22, 2011 at 2:48 pm

I have been known to, should a purchase ring up to $6.6x, buy a pack of gum just to change the total. And I’m Jewish, so, figure that one out. I’m very superstitious about the number 4 – it’s bad luck in Japanese (the word for the number 4 – shi – also means death in Japanese) and will do the same thing if something totals $4.4x.

• Keiko on September 22, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Correction: (Thank you Mr. & Mrs. Wikipedia): Shi is a homophone for the word for death in Japanese. Oh homophones. You so crazy.

• JW Moxie on September 22, 2011 at 6:21 pm

Now I will be paranoid about the number four. It used to be okay with me. Not great, but okay. Even numbers “feel” better to me than odd ones do. Now I’ve really spazzed myself out – I was looking forward to my birthday because I’ll be 34. Now I’ll want to speed through the year and get to 35. 😉

• la.girl on September 23, 2011 at 9:40 pm

I think it’s only a problem if you THINK in Japanese, ’cause my fav number is 4. 🙂

• JW Moxie on September 23, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Oh, whew. Thank goodness – I think in lolz. 🙂

12. Erica on September 22, 2011 at 6:53 pm

You made me laugh SO hard with this post! I despise Caillou and truly think the kid is Damien (The Omen.)

• JW Moxie on September 22, 2011 at 10:05 pm

Glad I could give you a bit of a laugh today. xoxo

13. Balancing Act on September 22, 2011 at 9:39 pm

My list is too long, but I don’t like this number either. Not one bit.

Oh, I remember the days of hearing you yell at me not to split the pole and the first few times I was so very confused.

• JW Moxie on September 22, 2011 at 10:16 pm

You’ve proved to the world that I am as much of a spazz as a claim myself to be. 🙂

14. Kristin on September 22, 2011 at 11:54 pm

Did you know that 666 was the holy number of Aphrodite and the church adopted it as the devil’s number to discredit one of the strongest competing religions of the time.

• JW Moxie on September 23, 2011 at 9:35 am

I didn’t know that, but it makes sense. As far as history is concerened, I’ve always been fascinated by the many strategies that were used to convert Pagans over to Christianity.

But I will still cut you for putting in the demon number. That’s probably a more preferable torture to watching Caillou. I’d rather be cut than watch Caillou.

• Kristin on September 23, 2011 at 11:32 pm

Oh God, please cut me. Whip me, beat me, stone me…anything except the Devil’s child CALLIOU

15. Jjiraffe on September 23, 2011 at 2:03 am

I am WAY more afraid of Caillou that the Devil. I think. Actually, it’s a tough call.

The best part of that “Satan” video is the shoppers waiting in the background. They are totally unfazed by the whole thing. They’re like, “The Satan bit, again? BORING!”

• JW Moxie on September 23, 2011 at 9:36 am

Caillou is probably Satan’s demon spawn.

16. Chickenpig on September 23, 2011 at 6:48 pm

OMG the Omen, the Exorcist…they all freak me the hell out!

Please….NO CAILLOOOOOU anything but CAILOOOOOUUUUU……

And I do mean ANYTHING! I’ll watch the Wonder Pets before I watch that bald headed freak.

• JW Moxie on September 23, 2011 at 6:52 pm

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
      Wonderpets might be on par with “The Prince of Darkness.” I have never wanted to smack a cartoon character around more than I’ve wanted to smack Ming-Ming. WHY THE HELL DO THEY HAVE SPEECH IMPEDIMENTS?

17. It’s Electric on December 1, 2011 at 11:22 pm

[…] out other PowerPoint Shenanigans here and here […]

18. Kesha Brown on October 6, 2012 at 10:02 pm

HI-LAR-I-OUS!! “diet vitamin holy water” << LOL

Girl you sound like my mother! My brother and I used to run ahead of her if we were walking so we could split the pole. She would make us go ALL the way back to come around the pole and catch up with her…she is still like that too…funny!

I'm not superstitious at all but maybe it's all the horror movie watching that has this all ingrained in your subconscious. You'd prolly be mad at me if I were near you cos I'd push you under a ladder, throw a black cat in front of you, step on a crack, say BeetleJuice and Candyman 3 times, and on New Year's Day, I'd be the first to knock on your door (my mom wholeheartedly believes that a man should be the first to walk into your house and he must have money in his pocket – but i'm thinking she made that up! LOL) and wait, what else? Oh yeah, split a pole! *runs away as I can feel you looking for your shank* 😉

• Kymberli aka JW Moxie on October 6, 2012 at 10:36 pm

It’s funny how certain superstitions don’t bother me a bit. I’ll break a mirror on purpose and not think twice about it, but I am known for yelling at my kids and husband to GO BACK AROUND THAT POLE! I’ve never heard the superstition about a man with money being the first person to walk into your house on New Year’s Day. That’s definitely a new one!

*sharpens shiv for when you walk around that pole*

19. Caroll on October 6, 2012 at 10:19 pm

Funny! Diet holy water! So funny, I have long since forgot about all those types of superstitious things. Nice post!

• Kymberli aka JW Moxie on October 6, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Black cats, open umbrellas in houses, walking under ladders, breaking mirrors — I can handle that stuff. SAYTON is a totally different story, though. Thanks for commenting!

20. Steve Sterling on March 13, 2013 at 10:15 am

Hey Kym, I think you must be a comedian or something. You made me laugh especially at the part about what the Devil said he will do with your words all over the internet. Fun and joke aside though, your post brings into focus how a lot of us are consumed with superstition about this end of days 66_ thing (please don’t hunt me, Kym). Ok, there is no denying that this number had its origin in the occult and the Bible in Revelation 13 says it is the number of the beast or antichrist. However, what we need to be more concerned about is how not to give loyalty to this beast and what we need to do to take God’s seal (Revelation 7 and 14). We cannot avoid taking the mark of the beast of we do not make the effort to obtain the seal of God in the same way we cannot dismiss darkness without shining a light.