Things I Want

1. A new job – there is one for which I’ve applied, and my application & résumé have made it through the first hoop. I will have a perpetual case of the BGs until I hear whether or not from the powers that be whether or not seem dope enough to land an interview. Good thoughts in that direction will be much appreciated.
  2. A massage
  3. A spark – I need to be a part of something. I want to lead, to DO something, to be relevant and effective and inspirational. About what? I don’t know. Just where the hell is my aha! moment, the one that will take this restless and burning ember that I feel and ignite into an explosion of something powerful, something that connects and resonates within others? I need inspiration. Breathe within me.
  4. to lose weight when belly-up to the buffet
  5. A kick-ass, gangsta new blog design. On the cheap, because I am broke. Help.
  6. If you have a BlogHer account, please head over and give a thumbs up for my post Balance, which I have self-nominated for Voice of the Year in the Parenting category: CLICK HERE TO GIVE ME A THUMBS-UP OR I WON’T BE YOUR FRIEND ANYMORE.
  7. Some comfort. A way to get my hands untied.*
  8. This:

Cracka, please t-shirt ~ Bustedtees.com

What do you want?

*First to name the song, the artist, and the year wins 5 Gangsta points. Name the t-show I am thinking of for 15 Gangsta points. You want Gangsta points. You might win something eventually. No Googling. OR I’LL BUST ALL-CAPS ON YOUR ASS, BEEYOTCH.

1. hellraisin on March 1, 2012 at 8:44 pm

“What I Really Want” by Alanis M.

2. hellraisin on March 1, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Year??? Ninteen naughty five.

• JW Moxie on March 1, 2012 at 8:54 pm

You get 5 extra points for the “naughty.”

3. hellraisin on March 1, 2012 at 8:48 pm

It’s “*All* I Really Want.” The point is here, is that I’m really old and forgetful and I have questionable taste in music. That right there should be worth 10 G points.

• JW Moxie on March 1, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Alanis’ first album is not questionable taste at all. If you tell me that you like Nicki Minaj, then I’ll start to wonder.

15 G points total for you!

4. a on March 1, 2012 at 9:41 pm

I would not have recognized that song – guess I’d better brush up on my Alanis. No gangsta points for me, I guess.

Hoping you get that new job…

I want…um can’t think of anything right now. Some chocolate?

5. Tisha on March 2, 2012 at 11:49 am

I want the clinic to send me my GS’s cycling calendar, so I can make plans to attend the transfer.

I want the weather to stay nice for the weekend.

And now, I want that Alanis song out of my head.

Oh, and I want for those reviewing your application to see that you’re the awesomesauce and grant you the interview that you’ll totally rock.

• JW Moxie on March 2, 2012 at 5:08 pm

GIVE UP THE DEETS, Tisha!

• Tisha on March 5, 2012 at 12:48 pm

That’s why I want the cycling calendar! 😉 Transfer should be either end of March or beginning of April. Since I’m not on any meds (we’re using donor eggs), I don’t have any progress of my own to track.

I’m even considering starting a blog to chronicle the adventure…and thanks to you I know to stay away from TypePad, because it is The Devil.

6. Susan on March 3, 2012 at 8:10 am

What do I want? I want my son to find a job since he is looking so hard. That and a few days of peace and quiet will do me. Besides that, I’m good.

7. julie gardner on March 3, 2012 at 9:17 pm

Alanis’ first album was the soundtrack of the summer I fell in love with Bill.
    “Head over feet” was me, to a T.

Here I am – many years later – still in love.
    But the man’s outta town for work. And his work sucks right now.

So.

What I really want is my husband home and for his job to be good again.
    And maybe some french fries. Because fries are never a bad idea.

Heading over to vote for Balance now.
    You go, my friend.

Oh yeah.

8. leanne on March 5, 2012 at 12:14 pm

And whenever I hear, what do you want, my first thought is “I’ll tell you what I want, what I really, really want” (far worse song reference than any Alanis song will ever be).

I want a vacation. I need to get out of town and do something different. Then when I get back home, I want a few free days to clean my house. Yes, I really do.

I want to finally get over this virus once and for all.

I want chocolate. Always.

9. Balancing Act on March 5, 2012 at 2:41 pm

To win the lottery, that’s all.

10. Britany on March 7, 2012 at 1:00 am

My, this post reminded me that I badly need a massage. I have been up to a lot of task lately, making me tensed all over.

11. molly on March 9, 2012 at 11:29 am

I second the notion on I want a new job and I want a new blog design on the cheap. I will forever want a massage, even 10 minutes after I had one. (Which I had one last week and the massage therapist used a vanilla and cinnamon scented lotion and I didn’t want to shower for days pleasedon’tjudgeme.) (Also, for massages and such I highly recommend scouring the deal sites for massages on the cheap.)

I also want inspiration for the books that I’m writing.

I want to be a part of a new creative project, but I’m just not sure what.

12. Chickenpig on March 10, 2012 at 11:19 am

OMG Now I have “I’ll tell you what I want what I really really want” in my freakin head! Arg…get it out….!!!

I hope you get that job. 🙂

I want the stupid car alarm that is going off in the parking lot across the street to stop blaring.

I want to ovulate sometime this weekend so I can start Lupron on Monday.

I want somebody else to come up with something for lunch for the kids because I just don’t feel like it. And I want someone else to do the grocery shopping too. Bleh. I want to something FUN this weekend…instead of shoppingcleaningcookingcleaning blah blah blah.

13. Erin Margolin on March 10, 2012 at 5:01 pm

# 3 is totally me. I am right there in that place, too. I could’ve written that one. I want to be relevant. I am tired of feeling/being small. I want the bigger picture. I want people to remember my name. I want people to love me. I want to grow stronger and smarter every day. I want to not ruin my children. I want to stop feeling guilty for fucking everything I do or don’t do. I want to feel WORTHY. Of love. Really? I just want to be loved.

also? please tell your friend Tisha good luck. We didn’t use donor eggs, but I went through in vitro twice. I will send good thoughts and prayers her way.

xoxo