Sweet Brown and the Faaahre

Below is a real news clip about a building fire.

What I want to know is how the hell do they always manage to find these people (I’m allowed to say that because I’m Black, y’know.)? Do some reporters just go out and find the most dramatically entertaining person–no matter the race–possible?

Then of course, someone had to go and make it funnier:

You all know I have a thing for hilarious YouTube videos. Have you seen anything funny lately? Please share. I’d go look for funny stuff myself, but ain’t nobody got time for that.

Word.

1. Devon (@dmb07) on April 15, 2012 at 1:20 am

Definitely the Ratchet Girls Anthem by Emmanuel and Phillip Hudson.

• JW Moxie on April 18, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Thank you, Devon, for turning me on to the Hudsons. I watch one of their videos at least once a day now. “You know she RATCHEEEET!” Hilarious!

2. Dirtycowgirl on April 15, 2012 at 2:47 am

Hahaha

Came over here after I saw this posted on G+.
    All I have to say is for a black man Obama hasn’t got much rhythm has he. ( I’m allowed to say that because although I’m white my Son isn’t).

3. Elizabeth on April 15, 2012 at 4:54 am

OK this: http://www.bestweekever.tv/2011-10-10/50-people-shtting-themselves-in-a-haunted-house/
    (“People sh*itting themselves in a haunted house”) is laugh-til-you-cry hysterical. I want someone cleverer than me to write captions for all these photos. I can’t decide which one is my favorite.

• Elizabeth on April 15, 2012 at 4:55 am

and it’s an equal-opportunity kaleidoscope rainbow of humanity, which is also awesome.

• JW Moxie on April 18, 2012 at 1:30 pm

This pics were hilarious. The kids and I had jolly good fun laughing over these. The only thing that would have made it better is if they had been able to record the making of these expressions in live action. And yes – I definitely appreciated the diversity.

4. Marie Duplanty on April 16, 2012 at 2:39 am

heheehhehhe…..really funny….seems working hard to make all of us laugh our heart out with this hilarious video 😉

5. Mitch on April 16, 2012 at 5:15 am

Now that is really hilarious. The reporter who found this lady should be given a medal…

6. Chickenpig on April 16, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Jesus! The people in that building are all lucky to be alive. Good thing she wanted a pop! Aint nobody got time to become human barbecue.

• JW Moxie on April 18, 2012 at 12:51 pm

I had a good chuckle over this comment. I read it to Frank and he lost it, too.

7. a on April 17, 2012 at 10:37 am

I think people with average to above-average intelligence can consider that they do not want to be looking like fools on TV. So guess who that leaves to be interviewed?

I do love that she got up to get a cold pop! I live up here in “soda” land and I think all the people who say that are just crazy.

• JW Moxie on April 18, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Where is “up here” — the region, if not the specific locale? The pop/soda thing is hilarious. I’ve always said “soda,” but on the rare instances when I talk to family members who are in Chicago and a reference to soda/pop comes up, they say something to the effect of, “SODA? Really? Saying ‘soda’ sounds so proper. We say ‘pop’.” Now because of Sweet Brown, at home we’ve been saying, “I’m gonna go get me a COLD POP!” with the same inflection that she does. Hilarious.

A few weeks ago I wrote a post on Aiming Low called “Lost in Translation.” http://aiminglow.com/2012/03/lost-in-translation/ In it, I discuss the pop/soda thing and other regional English dialects. That’s funny stuff right there, if I do say so myself.

• a on April 18, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Why, yes, indeed, I am originally from Chicago! I don’t live there now – I’m outside another midwestern city where everyone says soda. But I was in Wyoming last summer and took a picture of the sign in the grocery store that said “Cold Pop.” If only it were a better picture – I would have it enlarged and framed for you!

8. Jjiraffe on April 17, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Honestly? I totally agree with Sweet Brown: I’ve caught bronchitis twice in the last two years and both times I got it, I thought: S*%#! I don’t have time for bronchitis!

You are right: they always find the most dramatic people of every race, creed, gender, etc EVER for the local news.

• JW Moxie on April 18, 2012 at 12:37 pm

I feel the same way about this ear infection/cloginess I have been dealing with for the past week: AIN’T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!

9. Jjiraffe on April 17, 2012 at 10:44 pm

And speaking of dramatic local news reports…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrzSmQSwfbg

10. Barb on April 18, 2012 at 4:29 pm