Frankfest 2012 – Father's Day

It’s again that time of the year in which there are back-to-back Frank events. In all frankness (<— ho, ho) I could go on and on about how ballsome this man is, but then I might run the risk of making you all sick with the minutiae of how he spoils me rotten by doing things like serving me breakfast in bed just because and rubbing my back until I fall asleep and…

today is totally not about our marriage. I’ll save that for Friday, which is our 16th anniversary. This isn’t about Frank as a husband; it’s about Frank as a father. Today is Father’s Day, and as of tomorrow, he’ll have been a father for 11 years.

Speaking of those almost-11-year-olds and their father:

…the man doesn’t age. I, however, am showing every one of the eleven years since the twins were born.

SIDE-EYE. o_O

Happy Father’s Day, babe.

1. juliecgardner on June 18, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Bill and I will be married 16 years this summer, too;
    and DANG if we ladies didn’t pick most excellent men back in 1996.

So cheers to our good judgment, right?

And to Frank. And Bill.
    Plus foot rubs and breakfast in bed.

Just because.
    Love.

• Kymberli on June 19, 2012 at 6:11 pm

@juliecgardner It’s either cheers to OUR good judgment or THEIR tolerance for our relative insanity. Either way, they are The Awesome and that alone proves that WE are, too. Happy anniversary, Julie!

2. emailforio on June 18, 2012 at 9:02 pm

That side eye picture is the best. Oh man is that great.
    Happy birthday to the twins an happy fathers day to Frank!

• Kymberli on June 19, 2012 at 6:10 pm

@emailforio I wish I knew what they heck they were looking at! My sister was the one who snapped this picture. Frank said that he doesn’t even remember. Oh, well. At least we know Jordan has mastered that skill!

3. JuliaKB on June 18, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Awwww… very cool all around! And happy upcoming birthday to the almost-11-year-olds!

Also, Friday is my sister’s anniversary (4th), and Saturday is ours (also 16th). I don’t remember whether I knew that our anniversaries are this close, but hey– it’s cool no matter when we figured it out. Happy almost-anniversary!

• Kymberli on June 19, 2012 at 6:08 pm

@JuliaKB Luna’s anniversary is on Friday, too, and she’s also been married for 16 years (if my memory is serving correctly). Our great minds were thinking alike way back then before we even knew each other. 🙂

• JuliaKB on June 23, 2012 at 1:48 pm

@Kymberli I remembered Luna– we figured it out some years ago, but I really don’t think I knew it was yours too.

• Kymberli on June 19, 2012 at 6:11 pm

@JuliaKB I forgot to wish you (and your sister) a happy anniversary!

4. […] is post #2 of Frankfest 2012. Read #2 about Father’s Day. Up next: Frank’s birthday on July […]

5. Kathy@BereavedandBlessed.com on June 24, 2012 at 8:55 am

I love that you have a “Frankfest” and he is certainly deserving! Happy belated Father’s Day to Frank and I hope he is enjoying the ongoing celebration! 🙂

6. carrieh07 on June 26, 2012 at 10:18 am

Shut up – neither one of you age!