I Can Be Your Hero, Baby – Perfect Moment Monday

When I first started this blog in January 2008, the twins were in 1st grade, Jordan was in Pre-K, and Kaelyn was a 2-year-old who looked like this:

“GOOOOOD MORNIIIIIIIIIING!” is what she said, just before she smothered me in a syrupy kiss and hugged me with sticky hands.

Now, I have two 6th graders, a 4th grader, and a once-Spiderman-superhero who wrote this in her second week of 1st grade:

I only cried a little bit.

And yes, she did say that her favorite food is corn dogs. We’re classy like that.

…….

Join Lori Lavender Luz at Write Mind, Open Heart for Perfect Moment Mondays. Do you have one to share?

1. Amy O'Connell on August 27, 2012 at 9:02 pm

So sweet! It is good to be the hero and as a Mom, I’m sure it should say SuperHero. Preserve that forever, it will keep you going in about 10 years:) Oh yeah, Corn Dogs Rock!

• JW Moxie on August 27, 2012 at 9:34 pm

I have a folder marked “PUBERTY.” In it, I’m placing all of the things to remind me of when she was cute so that I won’t be tempted to strangle her when she whips out a teenage attitude on me.

• Amy O'Connell on August 27, 2012 at 10:20 pm

HILARIOUS!! You will need it, trust me! I was feeling all mushy about my 13 year old. He then came to ask exactly why he can’t play video games before school. I better go search for some early “I love Mommy” pictures.

• JW Moxie on August 27, 2012 at 10:26 pm

My oldests are 11-year old twins. I am already terrified of what the next few years are going to bring.

• Kathy on August 27, 2012 at 10:31 pm

Seriously Kym?! That’s awesome! I should start one of those… 🙂

2. a on August 27, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Awww! So sweet! (Corn dogs are my girl’s favorite food too. Well, Corn anything, I think. Last week, she got mad at me over cornbread. I was making dinner, and she asked me to make cornbread, but I told her it was too hot to put the oven on.)

• JW Moxie on August 27, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Kaelyn LOVES cornbread, too. Probably because Frank dumps a lot of butter and sugar into his, so it ends up tasting more like cake.

• a on August 27, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Well, send me Frank’s recipe, because that sounds much better than the Jiffy box mix!

• JW Moxie on August 27, 2012 at 10:02 pm

Frank uses Jiffy mix! He just smears a cast iron skillet with a half-a-cow’s worth of butter, dumps about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of sugar and about 1 tps of vanilla extract into the batter, then bakes it in the oven at 400 degrees until it’s finished. I’ve never made cornbread a day in my life. I totally just had to ask him for that information.

• a on August 27, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Oooh – that does sound delicious! Thanks! And, Thanks, Frank!

• Kathy on August 27, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Okay, now I am craving corn bread. I love me some, warm and right out of the oven… 🙂

• JW Moxie on August 27, 2012 at 11:06 pm

I think we might have to have cornbread tomorrow.

3. Lori Lavender Luz on August 27, 2012 at 10:31 pm

I love that SpiderGirl calls you her hero. Maybe because your super strong and able to withstand syrupy kisses.

• JW Moxie on August 27, 2012 at 11:12 pm

It’s probably because I let her eat waffles in my bed. NEVER AGAIN.

4. Kathy on August 27, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Wow! Time sure does fly… So bittersweet. Thank you for sharing that adorable picture and the latest addition to your “Puberty file.” I love corn dogs and corn bread and am craving both now. 🙂

5. Justine on August 27, 2012 at 11:15 pm

That is the best title EVER. 🙂 And definitely … something to treasure.

BTW … I had my first corn dog two weeks ago. And it was … surprisingly GOOD. (Me and my bad CSA-snob self are making a serious confession here, you understand. 😉

6. Mud Hut Mama on August 28, 2012 at 5:40 am

I can’t think of a better way to be honored. That is the sweetest – long may it last!

7. Delfin Joaquin Paris III on August 28, 2012 at 9:04 pm

Since she doesn’t look ANYTHING LIKE YOU – I suspect foul play.

Who’s womb did she explode out of? I will investigate!

8. Carrie on August 28, 2012 at 11:09 pm

1st grade?! WAaaaaa

9. julie gardnerj on August 29, 2012 at 1:09 pm

And how supremely awesome is it that MOM upside-down looks like WOW?

Nice job, mama.

You are so much better than Enrique Iglesias.

XO

10. Sarah on September 5, 2012 at 9:06 am

Geesh! forget the superhero mom thing! She’s my superhero for spelling rollerskate correctly!!!! (that stuff impresses me, lol)

11. St. E on September 11, 2012 at 1:14 am

How awesome to be THE hero!

Awesome indeed!