Surrogacy in the News – Written by ME

I had the honor of being asked by CNN Headline News to write a short op-ed piece about my experience as a surrogate. I tried to play it cool, but what I really did behind my desk when the email came through was this:

The writing is a little stiffer than my usual gangsta tone, but given the fact that I was writing for OMGNATIONALNEWSY’ALL Headline News, I figured that a little formality was appropriate.

Seriously, though–as you all know, surrogacy is near and dear to my heart. Those of you who’ve been around for a while have seen me rip published news pieces about surrogacy to shreds, so it felt gratifying to be on the writing side of things. Please click over to read, then do me a solid and share the bejeezus out of it: What It’s Like to Be a Surrogate Mother.

For those of you who found my blog through HLNtv.com–welcome. I hope you stick around.

I’ve written other commentary about how surrogacy is sometimes portrayed in the media. These posts may be of interest to you:

I’ve also written several general information posts about the surrogacy process. You can find those posts under the Surrogacy 101 category.

Finally, you can read eleventythousand posts about my personal surrogacy experiences under the Surrogacy Files category.

Word to your not-my-baby bird, yo.

1. Adrienne on September 4, 2012 at 8:35 pm

OMGoodness, OMGoodness! I did that jig too! Go you! We couldn’t have a better representative than you!

2. Baby Smiling In Back Seat on September 4, 2012 at 11:20 pm

Kym, it is so gangsta to change public opinion from within the establishment.

You are effin eloquent.

3. Delfin Joaquin Paris III on September 5, 2012 at 12:21 am

I am so proud and happy for you!!!!!

Great article

4. Lori Lavender Luz on September 5, 2012 at 10:49 am

What Baby Smiling said.

Ya done great. I’m so glad they asked YOU.

5. a on September 5, 2012 at 11:25 am

Very nice! I hope plenty of people come to see that and read it – it’s absolutely contrary to how surrogates are generally portrayed in the media. Getting the accurate story out there is vital! Excellent job!

6. Dresden on September 5, 2012 at 4:47 pm

LADY!!!! Check you out!! I am so proud of you. CNN is sper smart for having you write something – it is such a well done post. xo

7. Kristin on September 5, 2012 at 8:34 pm

I’m so damned proud of you thugette! I’ve tweeted and promoted on facebook.

8. Alexicographer on September 5, 2012 at 11:09 pm

What Baby Smilin’ said. Plus, congratulations — it’s great that CNN identified you (correctly!) as someone who could write a succinct and informative article describing your experience of surrogacy.

9. Brock Brenton on September 13, 2012 at 3:11 pm

So interesting post of your. I like your post very much because I am so interested about any kind of news. I read newspaper and see TV news regularly. Thanks a lot for your nice sharing.

10. JJ on September 18, 2012 at 1:57 pm