Unrelated, but Important Special Announcement Before the Real Post:
I have a DonorsChoose.org project for art supplies for my classroom that has just 17 days left to before it expires. Thanks to generous donations, my project is already partially funded. However, I still have$241 left to go! Quill.com, from whom my supplies will be ordered WHEN my project is completely funded, is currently giving “Double Your Impact” money; if you give $10, they will, too. If you donate, you can also double your impact by entering the match code PUMPKIN when you check out. This match code will only work until Monday. Please help a sista out with educating these truly bright minds that I have this year. Read about the details of my project and donate here: Putting the “Art” in Language Arts.
I’ve already had two projects funded totaling over $1,000 which went towards building a Writer’s Workshop. Yes, I ‘m a greedy little money-hog when it comes to my students, and I’m not ashamed of it.
Related Special Announcement Before the Real Post:
OMG, Y’ALL, tomorrow I’m going to the Aiming Low Non-Conference! You’re probably not, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t join in on some of the fun. Our sponsor Country Outfitter, have some great giveaways lined up for you! For information, get to clckin’:
- Check out this post on Aiming Low.
- Follow Country Outfitter on Twitter (@countryoutfittr) and on Facebook for contest and Non-Conference.
- Follow the #noncon hashtag on Twitter for Non-Con tomfoolery and updates.
Don’t think you can’t be a gangsta and not rock some cowboy boots. They help with the kicking of asses.
Finally, my (long) list of things that I need take care of TONIGHT before I leave for the Non-Con tomorrow morning:
- Buy some new black flats, a bra that makes me go from “flat pancake” to “Damn, looks great!,” and some snacks for the road. Also needed: travel-size toothpaste & mouthwash, 2 more empty travel-size bottles, allergy meds, travel-size contact solution, new shower scrunchie).
- Fill up the gas tank on the Mini-Swag (aka our Kia Soul).
- Download my Spotify playlists to avoid service interruptions in spotty reception areas.
- Get my Mastermind Mafia membership page set up on my blog.
- Make Mastermind Mafia welcome pages and copy them.
- Finish making my costume for the superhero party. (Note to self: bring home small hot glue gun, glue sticks, and 2 Velcro tab thingies).
- Finish packing: business cards, Sharpies, computer, phone, cords, camera, costume, PJs, clothes, shoes, make-up bag, hair (YES, dammit, I said ‘hair’).
- Find the leather computer book bag that we used to use as the diaper bag. I knew that thing would come in handy again someday.
- Lose 30 lbs by 6 a.m. I can totally do it.
- Attempt to finish the style guide for the new Miss Unlimited Teen writers (not likely).
- Squeeze the Minions until they’re sick of me. It just occurred to me that I haven’t been away from them for this long, not even when I was having tiny humans extricated from my body.
- Get the kids off to school. GANGSTAS DON’T CRY. *sniff*
- Be sure I have the address in GPS, kiss Frank, then kick him if he starts making bets on how long it takes me to get lost.
Mention again that you will forever be a gangsta in my posse if you help the project for my classroom reach full funding:DONATE HERE BECAUSE YOU LOVE THE CHILDREN AND IF YOU DON’T LOVE THEM, YOU LOVE ME. Use “PUMPKIN” to double your impact! Finish this post.